The Curriculum Design Manager is responsible for the strategic planning and oversight of curriculum design within a specific line of business. The Curriculum Manager will ensure curriculum is aligned with business goals and meets defined design standards. The Curriculum Manager will be responsible for managing the day to day operations of a team of curriculum designers and will work closely with the Training Engagement Consultant, Delivery Managers, and Strategy project managers to ensure excellence and business alignment of all materials and that all projects are delivered on schedule.
1. Develop and design all functional training materials and communications.
• Actively work with business project Leads and Designers to ensure conceptualized technical information is translated into accurate, organized and concise training content
• Ensure appropriate learning strategies and appropriate design methodology is utilized in developing the curricula
• Assess course material against defined quality standards
• Establish and utilize curriculum metrics to gauge success of the team
2. Partner with the Training Engagement Consultant and business strategy managers to ensure training materials meet project specifications
• Assign projects to Curriculum Designers based upon expertise, available time, and workload distribution for each project; ensure designers have access to necessary resources
3. Partner with training delivery to ensure established process such as train the trainers and pilots are followed to ensure the transfer of knowledge from design teams to delivery teams.
4. Coach and develop design team through performance management. Provide frequent and honest feedback, conduct regular performance reviews and consistently communicate clear expectations, goals and metrics.
Job Experience/ Environment
• 6+ years of relevant work experience, demonstrating strong leadership and the ability to influence change.
• Demonstrated success in a training environment that focuses on successful curriculum design targeted for customer facing personnel that encompasses adult learning methodology.
• 5 years of progressive supervisory and management experience is required
Professional/ Technical Skills
1. Strong Microsoft Access Management experience; spreadsheet and word-processing.
2. Professional maturity, business knowledge, and self-confidence in order to convince and influence Directors and Vice Presidents.
3. Strong analytical skills involving evaluating and interpreting data and/or refining existing methods and techniques in order to reach conclusions. Must have the ability to use query language to extract data be knowledgeable of descriptive statistics. Recommendations would be made.
4. Interpersonal skills - Build strategic alliances with management to implement change solutions, develop leadership skills, and provide coaching.
5. Leading by example - Consistently reflects passion for strategic and cultural change, maximizing effectiveness and achieving business goals.
6. Initiative and Creativity - Effectively interact with management at all levels to determine current and future organizational needs; develop action plans and programs for meeting these needs.
7. Strong planning and process management - demonstrates the ability to measure performance against goals; ability to perform at a highly effectively level in a dynamic, rapidly changing environment.
Seems cardholders aren't the only ones getting paid to discover. Discover Financial Services is best known for issuing Discover-brand credit...