Reports to: Clark Davis
The focus of this position is to insure the print readiness of graphic files used to produce custom sublimated apparel. This person is responsible for the creation and maintenance of the production templates utilized to communicate graphic information to the manufacturer. They are to be an expert in the process of producing dye sublimation papers on large format digital printers. The position will also be called upon to provide guidance on color matching various dye sublimated materials.
- 5-7 years of pre-press, graphic design, and production management experience.
- Good interpersonal skills, extremely approachable and professional with great enthusiasm for the brand and product and collaboration skills to work with; sales, operations, product teams, and outside vendors.
- Self-starter with strong, proven organizational skills, self discipline, strong decision making capabilities, and problem solving skills.
- Ability to manage out of house projects, production artists, and graphic designers
- Strong final production and graphic design knowledge to produce materials for use on fully sublimated active wear.
- Expert-level knowledge of Illustrator, Photoshop, Apple software, and online collaboration software.
- Experience with large format digital printers and RIP software (Wasatch SoftRIP).
- Knowledge in color theory, rendering intents, color profile creation, and Pantone spot color matching in digital printing environments.
- Experience in the production of sublimation printed apparel.
- Experience with the digital printing industry.
- Knowledge and experience in the outdoor or sporting good business a plus.
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally.
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Manage timelines to deliver projects to meet corporate objectives
- Build an expertise of sublimation printing as applied to apparel, including; the creation of templates, the effects of size grading on graphics, digital paper printing and sublimation transfer.
- Ensure the execution of quality creative concepts through final production files for all custom sublimation printing
- Execute image and pattern masking in Illustrator as well utilize links to create templates for sublimation printing.
- Overseeing the preparation, classification and saving files for custom sublimation print production.
- Responsible for finalizing and approving all production files
- Work collaboratively with other departments to standardize the processes and custom sublimation printed apparel projects for the brand
- Accomplish the timely delivery of final files to outside vendors
- Educate/coach internal and contract graphic artist concerning the custom sublimation printing process, applicable Pearl Izumi operational systems and develop and execute system improvements where necessary.
Note: This job description is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities, or qualifications associated with this position.
- Utilize and train staff in PI digital print equipment techniques.
- Travel to suppliers and trade shows outside of standard work hours
- Special projects as outlined by Senior Custom Manager and Custom Sales Manger
- Maintain large format inkjet printing equipment
Pearl Izumi - 13 months ago