The Jackson, TN facility has an immediate opening for a Buyer/Planner.
B.S. Engineering, Business or Computer Science, preferred
Proficient computer skills including MS Office and SAP
Expert knowledge of MRP planning systems
Lean manufacturing experience and ability to ally to achieve a Lean Supply Chain
Six Sigma Certification is a plus
Strong organizational skills
Strong decision making skills and ability
Effective leadership skills
Good presentation skills
Ability to work with cross functional teams
- Responsible for buying and planning functions of production materials to support schedules of manufactured units, accessories and service parts for the Jackson facility.
- Maximize schedule attainment and minimize inventory levels required.
- Implementation and support of lean manufacturing material systems including Kan-Ban, sequencing, and demand flow systems.
- Aggressive cost reduction of purchased materials.
- Implement internal and supplier material pull systems in support of Lean/Six Sigma vision.
- Work closely with plant management to maximize schedule attainment.
- Work with Supply Chain to increase delivery frequency, and reduce lead times and lot sizes to reduce inventory and increase turns.
- Work with manufacturing to reduce internal lead-time to reduce finished goods inventory and increase turns.
- Operate effectively within departmental plan budgets.
- Key support of Lean/Six Sigma efforts including participation in kaizen events for continuous improvement through the elimination of waste.
- Transition of manufacturing material flow from conventional MRP systems to demand flow systems.
- Aggressive WIP inventory reductions.
- Focus on safety first followed by quality.
Since 1843, we’ve set the standard for excellence in everything we do. No company on earth has a stronger or more compelling history...