The Assistant Dean, Undergraduate Programs is appointed by the Dean to provide leadership in the undergraduate program. The major function is to manage the day-to-day activities of the undergraduate program. The Assistant Dean works with the Administrative Support Team and faculty in implementing the undergraduate program. This is a tenure earning position.
1. Provides leadership across the undergraduate program in refining, implementing and evaluating the curricula.
2. Participates in recruiting and orienting faculty to the undergraduate program.
3. Communicates information and policy changes to undergraduate students and faculty as appropriate.
4. Coordinates undergraduate policy implementation.
5. Develops the schedule of undergraduate courses for each semester in collaboration with course leaders.
6. Provides guidance to undergraduate students and faculty as needed.
7. Serves as the first level for resolution of undergraduate student and
faculty issues and concerns.
8. Consults with Senior Associate Dean as needed to resolve undergraduate student and faculty concerns and issues.
9. Communicates with clinical agencies regarding clinical needs for student placement.
10. Assures faculty and student compliance with clinical agency contract requirements.
11. Collaborates with Senior Associate Dean in developing annual teaching assignments for faculty.
12. Collaborates with course leaders to assure that course planning, implementation and evaluation procedures are completed.
13. Collaborates with course faculty in the selection process for internship students.
14. Participates in the evaluation of faculty in the teaching role.
15. Collaborates with the RN Mobility Coordinator to provide needed services for RN Mobility students.
16. Oversees the Office of Nursing Student Services to assure provision of needed services to students.
17. Revises undergraduate Student Handbook annually and submits changes to LRC for addition to the website, and distributes hard copies as specified.
18. Submits needed revisions for the CCN portion of the undergraduate catalog and CCN Faculty Handbook to the Senior Associate Dean when requested.
19. Submits, at least annually, updates of undergraduate information on the CCN website to the LRC and verifies that changes are made.
20. Provides guidance to faculty in developing the undergraduate portion of the CCNE self study and conducting the on-site evaluation visit.
21. Provides enrollment projections for courses to the Senior Associate Dean
prior to each semester.
22. Updates course information and undergraduate unit profile on UAOPS
website at least annually.
23. Collaborates with members of the Administrative Support Team to plan,
implement and evaluate strategies for successful operation of the college.
Teaches at the undergraduate and/or graduate level.
Participates in research/scholarship activities.
Serves as a resource person for faculty and students.
The Senior Associate Dean
1. Master’s degree in nursing and doctorate in nursing or a related field.
2. Current licensure as a registered nurse in Alabama.
3. Successful teaching experience at the undergraduate level.
4. Ability to work independently and collaboratively with individuals and groups.
Additional Position Information:
The University of Alabama, the state’s oldest public university and the senior comprehensive doctoral level institution in Alabama, is ranked 31st in the top 50 public universities in the US News rankings. It is located in Tuscaloosa, a metropolitan area of approximately 160,000, with a vibrant economy, moderate climate, and a reputation across the South as an innovative, progressive community with a high quality of life. Easy access to mountains, large cities, and seashore.
UA EEO Statement
The University of Alabama is an Equal Opportunity Affirmative Action Employer. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Search Initiation Date:
Expected Starting Date:
Open Until Filled
Special Instructions to Applicants:
Send a letter of interest, curriculum vitae with SS#, and a list of three references with addresses and phone numbers directly to Dr. Sara Barger, Capstone College of Nursing, Box 870358, Tuscaloosa, Al 35487
University of Alabama - 11 months ago
The University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) is a research university and academic health center that discovers, teaches and applies knowle...