**NOTE: This position will open until filled.
The purpose of this classification is to provide medical care and screening to inmates at the County correctional center. Employee in this classification administers medications, obtains medical information and history of all detainees, assesses emergencies and provides proper medical care, and prepares accurate documentation of all care provided.
Examples of Duties:
- Assesses inmate health needs. Provides case management for inmates in need of health services, including making medical referrals Documents recommendations, and ensures that the recommendations are followed.
- Provides primary nursing care to inmates.Reviews health screening forms and advises corrections staff of medical issues and needed precautions. Manages inmate medication needs. Obtains prescription and over the counter medication as ordered. Sets up medication schedules, advises corrections staff of possible medication side effects.
- Maintains documentation necessary to accurately track inmate health history, inmate health concerns, case management, nursing care and assessment provided, and actions taken.
- Consults with dietary staff regarding required special diets.
- Acts as consultant to corrections staff and provides training in orientation, safety, first aide, communicable disease precautions, and medication administration.
Education and Experience – High school diploma or GED; and, Associate’s degree with course work emphasis in nursing; one year of experience in nursing; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience which provides the requisite knowledge, skills, and abilities for this job.
Licenses and Certifications – Must possess and maintain a valid State of Georgia Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN) license.
Applications are accepted online via the County’s website at www.whitfieldcountyga.com . A resume, and/or supporting documents, may be submitted to provide additional information, but does not take the place of the employment application. If interested in applying for this position, an application must be submitted and received by the Human Resources Department by 5:00 p.m. of the closing date.
Whitfield County is an Equal Opportunity Employer.