Driver CDL Class A – HAZ MAT - St. Helens, OR
Airgas USA, LLC., a leading distributor of industrial, medical, & specialty gases & welding supplies, is seeking an experienced local Driver CDL Class A with/ HAZ MAT Endorsement to join our Operations team in St. Helens, OR.
The Class-A Driver position will deliver products to local customers on a scheduled route or intermittently. Records deliveries and pick-ups on a load manifest and obtains signatures from customers for receipt purposes. Listens to and resolves service inquires and complaints. Load/unload truck. Performs pre and post trip vehicle inspections, documenting deficiencies and ensures all safety items are in good working order. Maintains neat, clean and professional personal appearance, and maintains vehicle appearance in a professional manner.
Other Duties as Required: This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of this position. Incumbents are expected to follow any other reasonable instructions, and perform any other related duties, as may be required by their supervisor. Performance of this job in a safe manner and in keeping with established Airgas policies is a condition of employment.
- Upload, deliver and download safely to customers hard good orders.
- Communicate in person with customers, providing information on cost, ordering and delivery times, etc.
- Maintain load manifests and all other vehicle documents, ensuring they are properly completed and balanced with truck counts and shipping documents before and after deliveries.
- Ensure all safety rules are strictly observed.
- Maintain appropriate drivers’ license.
- Class A CDL driver’s license with Tanker and HAZMAT endorsements, valid TWIC card.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR).
- 3-years experience driving commercial vehicle.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Ability to read and comprehend material safety data sheets.
- Knowledge of the area and ability to lift 60 lbs required.
- Must be able to drive hazardous cargo for up to 8 hours; frequent bending also required.
- Ability to work independently and under some pressure to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work occasional overtime if necessary.
- Must be able to work with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds.
- Must have basic computer experience.
- Must meet all physical qualification standards imposed by regulation for drivers.
- Must be able to operate in a drug-free workplace.
- Retail local delivery route experience strongly desired.
- Some overnight stay required
Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before customers or employees of the Company .
Ability to add, subtracts, multiply, and divides in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals. Ability to compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Looking for a great company to work for? You’ll find it With Us! Airgas USA LLC offers a competitive compensation and excellent benefits package, which includes Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug, Life & Disability Insurance, 401(k), Employee Stock Purchase Plan, Tuition Reimbursement and more.
Airgas is an Equal Opportunity & Affirmative Action Employer and promotes a Drug Free Work Environment .
Airgas Inc. - 24 months ago
Airgas, Inc. (NYSE: ARG), through its subsidiaries, is one of the nation’s leading suppliers of industrial, medical and specialty...