In order to be considered for employment at Merchants Bank, we need to receive a cover letter and resume from candidates.
Our online application system will allow you to upload one document. You may wish to combine your resume and cover letter into one document to upload. Thank you!
This position is full time in South Burlington, VT.
A. GENERAL SUMMARY
Assist Underwriters in processing all types of residential real estate and consumer loan applications. Post closing review of residential and consumer loans in accordance with established Bank Policies and Procedures. Assist Documentation Preparation area with loan closing documentation and disclosures in accordance with Bank policies and procedures.
B. PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND OBJECTIVES
1. Review consumer and residential electronic loan files for completeness and communicate with Lenders to request missing information.
2. Act as primary resource in answering Lender questions submitted through Help Desk.
3. With assistance from Underwriters, analyze and evaluate various types of consumer and residential real estate loans for compliance with established bank lending policies and state and federal laws and regulations.
4. Review credit, collateral and income documentation to assess risk and make loan decisions within established levels of lending authority.
5. Provide back-up to Documentation Preparation Specialists and assist with the management of incoming consumer and residential loan applications.
6. Assist with post closing review of loan files according to current policies and procedures.
7. Assist with the creation and updating of credit related forms.
8. Responsible for compiling department newsletter with information from Credit Department Managers.
9. Provide back-up coverage for overdraft review.
10. Cross train in other duties and functions within department.
11. Manage other projects and perform any and all duties as assigned from time to time.
C. KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
1. Working knowledge of Residential, Home Equity and Consumer Loan underwriting and documentation.
2. Working knowledge of all federal and state lending regulations, including but not limited to, Regulation B (ECOA), Regulation C (HMDA), Regulation Z (Truth-in-Lending), Regulation X (RESPA), USA Patriot Act, FACT Act, HOEPA, BSA and Flood Act.
3. Problem solving skills and the ability to blend technical knowledge with good judgment when making loan decisions.
4. Working knowledge of appraisal regulations and ability to review and approve residential appraisal reports.
5. Ability to work independently as well as to participate as a team member.
6. Strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to teach and mentor others.
7. Strong analytical skills.
8. Proven record of accuracy and attention to detail.
9. Strong computer skills and an ability to learn various new computer software and internet applications.
10. College degree or the equivalent combination of education and work experience.
D. WORKING CONDITIONS
General office conditions.
Merchants Bank VT
- 3 years ago - save job
Merchants Bank, National Association provides some of the lowest combination of rates and fees available along with the highest quality of...