This position can be located at any US HON AERO location.
This is an exciting time in Honeywell's Materials Management organization, and here is a great opportunity to showcase your leadership skills!
Honeywell Aerospace is a $10 billion-plus Strategic Business Group (SBG) with 40,000 employees in over 125 domestic and international locations. We are a leading global aviation supplier designing, manufacturing, and distributing advanced electronic systems, products, and services to commercial, defense and space industries.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- This position reports to the US based Sr. Director responsible for Metallic SCOE. This position is ideally located in Tempe, Arizona but, will consider other Domestic US Honeywell sites.
- Direct reports of 10 Commodity Managers responsible for managing ~ 150 raw material, casting and forging (RMCF) suppliers totaling ~$400 million of annual spend.
- Leads the acquisition of assigned commodities for Honeywell Aerospace on a global basis to deliver continuous productivity improvement.
- Develops comprehensive risk management strategies and global sourcing strategy for RMCF commodities.
- Monitors and reports commodity trends, forward prices and supply risks to key stakeholders and HON corporate.
- Drives continuous working capital improvements through increases in payment term (days,) and executing vendor managed inventory (VMI) and/or related programs to lower overall costs to HON Aero and its customers.
- Negotiates supply contracts that meet/exceed AOP objectives for quality, cost, delivery, lead-time and service.
- Responsible to develop and execute cross-SBG strategic plans and actions where leverage is beneficial.
- Works to proactively resolve performance issues with assigned suppliers to ensure effective and timely resolution.
- Builds effective supply chain pipeline to support all active product transitions.
- Works closely with in-country leadership, ALT Members, marketing and product management, transition teams, Advanced Manufacturing Engineering, Global Strategy &Integration, Engineering, and key suppliers to ensure IPDS transition objectives are met.
- Responsible for AOP and STRAP preparation for RMCF commodity.
- Leads the activities of EMR and HCR strategic sourcing personnel to develop and execute assigned commodity strategy. Leader must be intellectually agile, articulate, and able to deal effectively with commodity risk on a global basis. Depending on staff locations and assigned suppliers, work days may be long (frequent evening or early AM calls.)
- US citizenship required due to government contracts.
- Bachelor's degree in supply chain, business or technical field required.
- 8 years experience in a leadership role in sourcing, finance or engineering within a manufacturing environment is required along with strong technical knowledge with casting and forging manufacturing.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
- MBA/advanced technical degree highly desired
- Aerospace industry and/or experience working in large, complex multi-national firms is highly desired.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written; fluency in English; other languages such as Mandarin or Spanish a plus.
- Ability to travel (up to 20%) to foreign and US domestic locations.
- Ability to deal with all levels of personnel, both internally and externally.
- Outstanding analytical skills to closely monitor global commodity pricing and execute effective risk m mitigation strategies to offset P&L impact.
- Proven experiences at advanced level with Microsoft Office Suite (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word.)
- Six Sigma Green Belt Certification.
- Experience with SAP highly desired.
Honeywell - 2 years ago
copy to clipboard
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...