Inside.com is hiring a Contract Linux SysAdmin & Networking Engineer that has experience with Ubuntu, managing physics networks and servers, and remote management of datacenters. Duties will include organizing and docuemnting our in house network and assisting us with legacy projects racked in a local datacenter. We are looking for a motivated and talented individual to work with us onsite in Culver City, CA. This is a contract position; freelancers prefered.
- Minimum 3 years of experience with Linux based systems, preferably Ubuntu. We are NOT looking for Windows Admins.
- Experience managing complex networks
- Knowledgeable about setup and maintenance of automatic backup systems
- Strong attention to detail with excellent communication skills
- Ability to create/maintain great documentation
- Ability to take ownership of work and respond to critical issues quickly
- Experience with monitoring solutions such as Nagios and Snort
- A passion for Open Source Software
We value diversity in the workplace and are an EOE/AA employer.
- Expierence in hosting of Ruby/Rails applications
- Expierence in hosting of Python/Django applications
- Experience with Chef or Puppet for configuration management