Forklift Maintenance, Level II
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
- Executes work under direct supervision 10% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
This position utilizes top-level mechanical and electrical technical skills in the preventive maintenance and repair of all warehouse rolling stock and equipment.
- Make required repairs, adjustments, and installations to all material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic issues on all material handling equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, cleaning, repairs, adjustments and lubrication on all material handling equipment.
- Maintain daily communication with warehouse operations staff to ensure equipment needs are met and do not disrupt production.
- Maintain and communicate inventory and inventory usage from spare parts, utilizing Maintscape.
- Ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Organize, implement and manage major project installations and repairs involving any mechanical or electrical projects.
- Manage preventative maintenance schedule to ensure maximum production time on forklifts and related material handling equipment.
- Continuous updating of equipment databases in Maintscape.
- Occasional travel for outside training or meetings.
- Some equipment fabrication.
- Working at heights.
- Works in situations where human error could result in personal injury or financial loss.
- Extensive standing/ walking on concrete floors.
- Subject to mandatory overtime.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree required.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills and experience required.
- Must be a current Forklift Level 1 Technician.
- Formal technical training preferred.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Good physical condition and agility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required; ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
Dot Foods is the largest food industry redistributor in the U.S. Family owned and operated for 55-years. Join our team today!