Forklift Maintenance, Level II
- Reports to Maintenance Supervisor
- Executes work under direct supervision 10% of the time; works independently setting work schedule priorities 90% of the time.
- Does not supervise others.
This position utilizes top-level mechanical and electrical technical skills in the preventive maintenance and repair of all warehouse rolling stock and equipment.
- Make required repairs, adjustments, and installations to all material handling equipment.
- Troubleshoot mechanical, electrical and hydraulic issues on all material handling equipment.
- Perform preventive maintenance inspections, cleaning, repairs, adjustments and lubrication on all material handling equipment.
- Maintain daily communication with warehouse operations staff to ensure equipment needs are met and do not disrupt production.
- Maintain and communicate inventory and inventory usage from spare parts, utilizing Maintscape.
- Ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner.
- Organize, implement and manage major project installations and repairs involving any mechanical or electrical projects.
- Manage preventative maintenance schedule to ensure maximum production time on forklifts and related material handling equipment.
- Continuous updating of equipment databases in Maintscape.
- Occasional travel for outside training or meetings.
- Some equipment fabrication.
- Working at heights.
- Works in situations where human error could result in personal injury or financial loss.
- Extensive standing/ walking on concrete floors.
- Subject to mandatory overtime.
This position assumes responsibility for the workplace safety of self and co-workers, and for the safety conditions of the work location.
- High School diploma or general equivalency degree required.
- Excellent mechanical and electrical troubleshooting skills and experience required.
- Must be a current Forklift Level 1 Technician.
- Formal technical training preferred.
- Welding experience preferred.
- Good physical condition and agility.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Good computer skills.
- Occasional overnight travel required; ability to independently travel as needed, without restriction, by all modes of transportation, including car, plane or train for training or meetings.
Dot Foods, Inc. - 16 months ago