Job Description:MAIN RESPONSIBILITIES:|
The position will be responsible for on-site field
engineering support for the Initial Production Facility.
This will include assisting in the execution of the
mechanical, piping, and modular construction works for
the Point Thomson project. The project is located on the
North Slope of Alaska at a site accessible only by
helicopter, ice road in the winter, and a short summer
The Mechanical Piping Field Construction Engineer will
assist in engineering requests for information and
clarifications pertaining to the Install Contractors’
mechanical, piping, and general site activities. The
Mechanical Piping Field Construction Engineer will
comply with and maintain management of the piping and
mechanical scope and design package in it’s entirety,
consistent with the requirements of Point Thomson
During the site execution phase, the position will have
an equal ROTA partner working a 3wk on / 3wk off
rotation. The engineer is responsible for this shared
arrangement working efficiently including smooth
transition/turnover and without major shifts in
direction between the two equally responsible parties.
Any changes to an agreed to schedule must be made
through the Field Construction Engineering Manager.
The Mechanical Piping Field Construction Engineer shall
play an active role in the safety culture on the
project, making safety a natural part of all work
of the overall site SSHE program, ensuring that the
- Participation in the implementation and execution
work is performed safe, without environmental
impact, and addresses the health and well-being of
all personnel at site.
documents in support of the Field Construction
- Provides technical interpretation of design
Engineering Manager, North Slope Site Manager,
superintendents, and contractor personnel which will
include providing specific expertise for problem
solving activities relevant to mechanical, piping,
and general scope.
completion of piping, mechanical, and general
- Assists with coordinating construction and
construction activities in assigned systems.
Activities may include preparing punch lists to
- Participates in Construction and Final Walkdowns.
ensure proper construction completion for turnover
and mechanical completion to the client as well as
closing out punch list items.
interfaces with the contract administrator for the
- Evaluates Field Change Requests / Change Orders and
initiation and development of contract
Order documents and drawing revisions to management
- Distribution of all Field Change Request / Change
and construction personnel. Explains the changes to
personnel if necessary and answers any applicable
engineering and technical related problems.
- Investigates and finds / recommends answers to
issue all required drawings and drawing revisions to
- Work directly with the Document Control Center to
construction and management personnel.
construction and assure contractor personnel have
- Maintains field engineering records and sketches.
- Assists with procurement and logistics during
adequate material supplies.
construction engineering techniques, procedures, and
- Evaluates, selects, and applies standard
criteria, using solid engineering judgment in making
standards on a project.
- Gain familiarity with applicable codes and
- Assist survey in monument placement and
mechanical, and general engineering roles
- 5 years of project experience in piping,
architectural, electrical & instrumentation
- General understanding of civil, structural,
preferred but not mandatory
- Experience with Arctic / Cold Weather environments
Programs at site
- Un-wavering support of HSE and Quality Control
- Degree in Mechanical, Petroleum, or Chemical
Certification preferred, but not required
- Fundamentals of Engineering / Engineer in Training
- ADDITIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- Good organization skills and capability of
complete the work in a timely and efficient
- Must be willing to work what hours it takes to
procedures as well as performs assigned duties
- Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and
in a safe manner and, while supervising others,
has responsibility for their safety and ensures
that they comply with established safety
policies and procedures and practice safe work
technical package and contract
- Develops an understanding of all aspects of the
requiring application of standard construction
- Performs Construction Engineering work
engineering techniques, procedures, and criteria
in performing a sequence of related construction
standards on a project
- Gains familiarity with applicable codes and
and provides horizontal and vertical control
- Understands the objectives of the site survey
construction-related issues identified on
- Assists construction supervision with regard to
WorleyParsons Group - 19 months ago
WorleyParsons Corporation puts its energy into energy and chemical plants. The US subsidiary of WorleyParsons Limited, the company is a top...