DDN does NOT accept resumes or calls from recruitment agencies; thank you for your cooperation.
DataDirect Networks (DDN) is a world leader in massively scalable storage. We are the leading provider of data storage and processing solutions and professional services that enable content-rich and high growth IT environments to achieve the highest levels of systems scalability, efficiency and simplicity. DDN enables enterprises to extract value and deliver results from their information. Our customers include the world's leading online content and social networking providers, high performance cloud and grid computing, life sciences, media production organizations and security & intelligence organizations.
Deployed in thousands of mission critical environments worldwide, DDN's solutions have been designed, engineered and proven in the world's most scalable data centers to ensure competitive business advantage for today's information powered enterprise.
We are currently seeking a Systems Engineer, Analytics - Remote Coverage of US
DDN is seeking a Systems Engineer with an emphasis on Analytics. This role will provide pre-sales architectural and scoping support to the sales teams in addition to working with customers on the deployment of Analytical technologies including Hadoop, Vertica and kx systems.
Responsibilities for this role include but are not limited to:
Qualifications for this role are:
- Develop a deep knowledge of the DDN Analytical Product Portfolio.
- Provide input to the Product Management and R&D organizations on new product development.
- Ability to architect, install, support and debug product line.
- Participate in customer-focused seminars, tradeshows, events, and training.
- Provide Pre-Sales support with RFP responses, technical drawings, presentations, and recommendations.
- Support pre-sales in the creation of services bids and estimates.
- Document customer installations, trouble ticket response, solutions designs.
- Develop innovative solutions to customers' business needs.
- Creation of installation status reports and participation of weekly staff calls with manager.
- Present weekly status reports of activities to manager.
- Ability to manage customer relationship post-sale issues.
- Travel to customer sites when required.
- Act as a trusted advisor for customers’ IT staff.
DDN has a strong orientation towards these 4 characteristics and any successful employee will demonstrate these capabilities:
- Independent thinker and self starter.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Good oral and written communication skills.
- Able to take directions and see a project or task through to completion.
- Team player who can work well with others or independently when the task requires.
- 5-10 years work experience within database, analytics or business intelligence space.
- 5-10 Years experience in Operating systems management and debugging including Redhat Linux, Ubuntu or SUSE.
- Scripting (Shell), C++, Java, Perl.
- Strong knowledge in file system deployment and concepts including GPFS, Lustre, HDFS
- Bachelors Degree or Technical Equivalent (5 years work experience) or higher.
- Ability to travel domestically up to 100% as required for customer projects.
- Experience architecting and deploying database technologies.
- Experience deploying and managing Hadoop.
- 3-5 years experience in SAN infrastructure and trouble shooting (Brocade and Qlogic switches).
- Infiniband (Melalnox) experience.
- Networking certification or experience is desirable.
- Redhat Linux Certification desired.
- Cloudera Certification desired.
Self Starter – A pro-active orientation and the ability to operate independently to achieve goals.
Success/Achievement Orientation – Ability to thrive in the face of adversity, drive to overcome all obstacles to reach goals.
Leveraging Relationships – Orientation to leverage all relationships (internally and externally) to maximize personal and DDN successes.
Problem Solving – Ability to understand a situation and to identify the best route to satisfy all concerned parties and enhance DDN’s brand.
DDN takes pride in developing and promoting talent as an Equal Employment Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, national origin, gender, age, religion, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by law. By fostering a diverse business environment, DDN welcomes opportunities to learn from each other, our customers, investors, suppliers, and business partners.
Thank you for your interest in joining DDN!
Please read only if you need application assistance:
If you are having problems applying online or need assistance with applying for a position or have general questions, please contact Human Resources via email at EmploymentApplicationHelp@ddn.com.
This email is specifically designated for people who are having difficulty applying for a specific position via our website at www.ddn.com/careers. All candidates MUST apply via our website and to a specific open position to be considered for a position; we do not accept resumes at this email or in any other submission format.
If you are having a problem applying to a role online, please state this in your email and someone will be in touch with you within 36 business hours.
Thank you so much and have a great day!
The Recruitment Team at DDN
DataDirect Networks, Inc. - 10 months ago