Provides quality patient care for post-operative patients, in accordance with nursing Philosophy and approved standards.
• Performs within the established standard of post anesthesia and critical care nursing.
• Utilizes the Standard of care in the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of post-operative nursing care.
• Formulates care plans based on individual assessment of physiologic functions and problems identified pre-operatively and intra-operatively.
Provides nursing care Utilizing Clinical knowledge and expertise, reacting immediately to adverse physiological changes within seconds, to reverse and revive the patient's physiological functions.
• Renders nursing care following aseptic techniques.
• Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of Care.
• Executes proper use of equipment and supplies used in Recovery Room area.
• Participates in the Surgery Department's Quality Assurance Program.
• Promotes personal and professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
• Participates in the professionalism of the Operating Room by showing Courtesy, compassion respect and adherence to the standards.
• Assumes other related duties as directed.
• A minimum two (2) years of current recovery room or critical care experience required.
• Current RN licensure in appropriate jurisdiction required.
• A.C.L.S. certification required.
• CPR required.
• B.L.S. certification required
• Good oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Recent Recovery Room experience preferred.
• Certification in IV insertion and therapy preferred.
Kaiser Permanente - 10 months ago
America’s leading not-for-profit health plan, Kaiser Permanente serves more than 9 million people from 37 hospitals and 611...