Provides quality patient care for post-operative patients, in accordance with nursing Philosophy and approved standards.
• Performs within the established standard of post anesthesia and critical care nursing.
• Utilizes the Standard of care in the assessment, planning implementation and evaluation of the surgical patient in the delivery of post-operative nursing care.
• Formulates care plans based on individual assessment of physiologic functions and problems identified pre-operatively and intra-operatively.
Provides nursing care Utilizing Clinical knowledge and expertise, reacting immediately to adverse physiological changes within seconds, to reverse and revive the patient's physiological functions.
• Renders nursing care following aseptic techniques.
• Assembles and communicates appropriate information in verbal or written reports in order to maintain continuity of Care.
• Executes proper use of equipment and supplies used in Recovery Room area.
• Participates in the Surgery Department's Quality Assurance Program.
• Promotes personal and professional growth by actively participating in continuing education programs.
• Participates in the professionalism of the Operating Room by showing Courtesy, compassion respect and adherence to the standards.
• Assumes other related duties as directed.
• A minimum two (2) years of current recovery room or critical care experience required.
• Current RN licensure in appropriate jurisdiction required.
• A.C.L.S. certification required.
• CPR required.
• B.L.S. certification required
• Good oral and written communication skills required.
• Proficiency in the use of applicable computer software.
• Recent Recovery Room experience preferred.
• Certification in IV insertion and therapy preferred.
At Kaiser Permanente, all of us, from accounting, sales and IT, to our care delivery teams on the front lines, stand for Total Health....