Tyco Fire Protection Products (TFPP) is a business unit of the Tyco Fire & Security Division, one of three business segments in Tyco. We are a worldwide leader in saving lives and protecting property with our broad portfolio of chemical and water products as well as mechanical products for the fire protection and building products industries. Within TFPP we design, manufacture, and distribute the highest quality products with market leading features for the Commercial, Residential, Storage, HVAC/Plumbing, Food Service, Petroleum Oil & Gas, Mining, Marine and other markets. TFPP is a recognized leader in researching new technologies and developing innovative solutions for our customers. The business unit has approximately 4,500 employees with 27 manufacturing plants and 46 Distribution Branches in Europe, The Middle East, Africa, Asia, Australia, New Zealand, Canada, Latin America, and the US. TFPP is headquartered in Lansdale, PA.
STATEMENT OF JOB
When acting as a Relief Boiler Operator, performs all the duties of the job as specified. The Utility person cleans filters for air conditioners and compressors, cleans air conditioner and heating coils. May perform tradesman or apprentice helper duties. Troubleshoots HVAC equipment.
Comply with the following health and safety duties as a condition of employment:
Comply with safety rules
Attend and Participate in Safety Training
Participate actively in the safety process
Report all accidents and injuries immediately
Submit suggestions to improve safety
Know their duties in case of emergency
Be a coach to others who are acting unsafely
Comply with the following environmental duties as a condition of employment:
- Attend and participate in all hazardous and non-hazardous waste trainings.
- Ability to recognize chemical hazardous labels.
- Spill management and clean-up.
- Capability to follow satellite accumulation rules and requirements.
- Proficiency to recognize hazardous wastes in your area and manage properly.
Must be able to read and follow written and oral instructions. Must have good mechanical ability, be able to climb, work in elevated levels and awkward positions and must be able to lift average to heavy weights.
1. Performs analyses and chemical treatment of boiler and chiller water.
2. Cleans inside of boilers. Also cleans boiler tubes by turbining. Performs minor masonry repairs on inside of boilers.
3. Performs minor maintenance on pumps, valves, heaters, air conditioners and other auxiliaries.
4. Assists tradesmen or apprentices in the performances of their jobs, working with them under their direction. Task examples are cleaning parts, positioning steel for cutting or welding, cutting material to specified sizes by using a power hacksaw. Operates equipment such as pipe threaders and drill press, etc. and uses hand tools as part of the job.
5. Properly starts up and shuts down HVAC equipment, including the FX building boiler, FX building air conditioning, adjustment of FX boiler controls.
6. Operates a tow motor as needed
7. Performs housekeeping and related duties as may be assigned by the Supervisor.
8. Empties dust collector super sacks when full.
9. Maintains chemical treatment of the boilers.
10. Order proper chemicals as needed for boilers.
11. Maintain back-up propane station.
12. Perform weekly PM on steam boilers and FX building boilers.
Tyco Fire Protection offers a competitive salary package in addition to a comprehensive benefits package including a 401(k) with company match.
Tyco is a diverse company that believes its employees are the foundation for investing in its future. Diversity and inclusion are key to growing our business and providing a work environment that fosters contributions by all employees.
Tyco is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate because of age, color, disability, ethnicity, marital or family status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, military veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
TFPP - Americas
Feb 6, 2013
Tyco - 23 months ago
copy to clipboard
We have a passion to protect what matters most.
We are the world’s largest fire and security company, and we are providing vital...