The Creative Services Assistant-Packaging, will coordinate and assist with new item introductions including packaging design and approvals, photography, use and care development, and other duties as they relate to new item introductions. This person will be responsible for proofreading packaging content, supporting brand guidelines and communicating with internal and external team members in regards to packaging development, scheduling and production.
Other Essential Duties include but are not limited to the following:
- Work with internal and overseas sales force design and production teams, to develop packaging for new products.
- Assist with the reviewing, editing, proof-reading, and approving packaging copy and design as received from internal and external resources.
- Assist with the negotiations on all aspects of packaging development that impact delivery dates, ensuring on-time delivery.
- Work with product licensors on new item product packaging review and approvals through all channels, ensuring all pan and packaging documentation and samples are processed in a timely fashion to meet tight deadlines.
- Work with outside vendors including creative agencies, translator services, packaging experts, printers, etc. to ensure accuracy and efficiency.
- Coordinate the production of packaging mockups for retailer meetings, presentations and trade shows.
- Submit briefs for all packaging photos that are required from local vendors.
- Assist in creating and maintaining a library of use and care and warranty documents for new items under area of responsibility.
- Assist Creative Services Senior Manager in daily operations of Creative Services area including packaging mockup production, sell sheet/brochure/catalog collation and distribution for trade shows, maintain departmental supplies, etc.
- Attend trade shows, sales meetings and off-site meetings
- All other related duties as directed by Creative Services Manager
- Marketing, Graphic Design, Advertising or equivalent experience preferred.
- General knowledge of product development processes, marketing design and production processes highly preferred.
- Knowledge of Microsoft office, Internet and e-mail required.
- Must possess strong interpersonal skills and the ability work well with internal and external team members.
- Must be detail-oriented and possess strong organizational skills.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and establish priorities.
- Must possess time management skills and be able to meet deadlines.
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team.
- Must be able to communicate effectively in English both in verbal and written formats.
- Physical demands include sitting, repetitive use of hands, grasping, standing, walking, bending over, reaching overhead, and lifting up to 30 lbs., pushing and pulling.
- Hours and days are primarily Monday through Friday with some overtime and weekends required. Individual in this position will do some traveling.
- Must possess the mental and physical capacities to perform the job duties.
CareerBuilder - 11 months ago