Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with nearly 200 stores and almost 60,000 employees. As a multi-billion dollar retailer, Meijer is ranked as the 15th largest privately held company in the country. We have become a respected leader in the competitive retail market by sticking to our core values of customers, competition, family, freshness, and safety & health. Meijer's Midwest geography includes corporate offices in Grand Rapids, Michigan, and stores, distribution centers, and manufacturing facilities throughout Michigan, Indiana, Illinois, Ohio, and Kentucky. |
Currently, Meijer is looking for an Facilities Manager. This position is responsible for the facility maintenance for the region, i.e. physical plant and site. Duties include ensuring that all properties projects, maintenance issues, and emergency calls are executed in the region. Supports Regional Group Vice President with various tasks and other work responsibilities, as assigned
Key responsibilities include:
- While supervising a direct staff, ensures there is coordination with corporate support areas and ensures property-related issues within the region are managed to allow the units to capitalize on sales.
- Inspects and maintains physical plants to ensure compliance to standards.
- Plans and leads to maintain proper costs, i.e. manages region expense, labor and capital budgets.
- Works closely with Properties on projects and standards.
- Ensures processes, procedures and standards within the region are consistent with corporate direction.
- Responsible for all material handling equipment within the region.
- Participates in on-call rotation for repair and maintenance related issues companywide.
- Provides recommendations regarding building components and equipment selection.
- Extensive travel throughout region is a requirement.
- This job profile is not meant to be all inclusive of the responsibilities of this position; may perform other duties as assigned or required.
Job Store Operations
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience in a retail/supermarket environment.
- 5+ years of experience in maintenance management.
- Prior management/supervisory experience in a related field preferred.
- Strong interpersonal skills with a track record of building successful teams.
- A proven history of developing effective working relationships with store and market directors.
- Experience with safety, training, and compliance issues for both State and Federal OSHA requirements.
- The ability to review maintenance functions objectively to find creative ways to improve efficiencies and cost savings.
- Applicable working experience and knowledge to serve a s a resource, and provide guidance to direct stall and field technicians.
- Ability to plan and lead in order to maintain proper cost control while adhering to corporate standards.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Strong organizational and problem solving skills.
Primary Location MI-Jenison
Meijer - 19 months ago
Meijer is a leading Supercenter located in five states throughout the Midwest, with over 200 stores and more than 60,000 employees. Our...