Skip to Main Content
Current Career Opportunities
Career Center Specialist Intern-Governor's Summer Job Hunt
Mon. 02/18/13 4:30 PM Mountain Time
Print Job Information |
Provides administrative support for the Governor Summer Job Hunt Program (GSJH) and core job search services to young customers between the ages of 14-21 who are searching for summer employment opportunities. This position places a special emphasis on the ability to work with youth in an effective manner, relate professionally to prospective employers, and facilitate workshops/classes pertaining to career development and job search.
Examples of Important and Essential Duties:
• Provides individual career services to youth customers which includes; resume critiquing/preparation, interviewing techniques, assessing qualifications, skills levels, abilities and need for job search.
• Enters all appropriate information and data in the Connecting Colorado system in a timely and efficient manner.
• Conducts outreach and interviews with employers, promoting employment services and encouraging employers to post positions for youth when available.
• Obtains job listings, conducts outreach within the school systems, community agencies and other organizations that will assist in the promotion of GSJH to youth of the community.
• Follow up on all registrations and job listings, to ensure accuracy of job orders, positive relationships with youth and business customers.
• Familiarity with general office equipment, working knowledge of computers, copiers, scanners, fax machines and Microsoft Office Suite.
• Posses the ability to work in a team environment within the Youth Program staff.
• Answer phones to explain program guidelines and basic services provided to youth customers, along with additional information about various opportunities within the Workforce system.
• Conduct monthly workshops for youth that pertain to career development, job search, resume writing, filling out applications, interviewing techniques, soft skills, etc.
• Perform other operational duties to support GSJH Program at the local level as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Establish and maintain professional working relationships with youth customers, employees, and private/public organizations.
• Use proper English, spelling, grammar and punctuation.
• Perform duties in a customer friendly manner, adhering to the organizational culture and values.
• Computer literate and proficient in data entry.
• The ability to follow instructions, take direction as needed, and engage in public speaking, for outreach purposes.
• Comfortable facilitating classes with youth customers that encompass job search techniques, getting started in the world of work, and preparing for future employment.
• Plan, organize and prioritize daily workload and assignments.
• Willingness to work in a team environment, seek assistance when necessary and contribute to the overall success of the program through collaboration.
Education: A minimum of a high school diploma or GED, supplemented by additional college course work/training or experience that compliments the job description. One year of previous customer service experience is preferred.
This is a grant funded position.
Work Schedule (Days and Hours): Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
Current Career Opportunities
4430 South Adams County Parkway | Brighton, Colorado 80601 | 303.659.2120 | 800.824.7842
Adams County - 2 years ago