Energize your career with Westinghouse Electric Company! Our commitment to safe, clean nuclear energy is second to none. As we recognize the 126th anniversary of Westinghouse Electric Company, we celebrate our rich heritage of technical innovation and commitment to ensuring our global customers’ success. If you are interested in being a part of a company that values exceeding customer expectations and providing future generations around the globe with emission-free energy, we want to hear from you.
MAJOR RESPONSIBILITIES: Identify, coordinate, schedule and drive efficient implementation of maintenance and project related work tasks for Operations/Production, Maintenance, Engineering and other work groups at the various Westinghouse facilities.
Will be required to perform any of above responsibilities at U.S. and international customer locations. Specific Desired Skills A successful candidate would be familiar with and/or have experience with the following:
- Develop and implement complex project plans and schedules to coordinate multiple, simultaneous and/or interdependent work tasks which impact multiple operational areas and where the scheduling complexity, resources requirements and risk of the job(s) is substantial.
- Coordinate complex projects that encompass multi-functional areas; support successful achievement of established budget and schedule requirements.
- Develop and lead short- and long-term work planning, scheduling and coordination of production area maintenance, improvement projects and related support functions in order to ensure that customer commitments and production goals are deliverable.
- Drive timely completion of field work at the facility based on work task/project priority.
- Develop and lead integration of site schedules and schedule implementation for operations, maintenance, engineering, process improvement, cost reduction, equipment reliability, new product development, etc., related work that impacts safety, quality or production capability.
- Instruct personnel with regard to utilization of Work Management tools as a method to increase efficient delivery of projects, maintenance tasks and related support activities.
- Develop and deliver presentations to communicate status, problem resolution or promote Work Management deliverables.
- Utilize Work Management tools and techniques to identify and drive opportunities for continuous improvement.
The individual in this position must work independently with minimal direction and supervision to deliver and drive implementation of integrated Work Week schedules required to support facility production delivery goals and asset management requirements.
- Broad knowledge of Work Management and/or Asset Management processes and techniques.
- Understanding of scheduling logic and principles is highly desirable.
- Understanding of Project Management Fundamentals is desirable.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Technical or equivalent field experience.
- Minimum of five, but typically up to ten or more years of professional experience in maintenance, engineering or manufacturing.
- Formal project management training preferred.
A high degree of creativity, resourcefulness, ingenuity and persuasiveness is required to gain consensus on strategic direction related to scheduling and resource availability. Must effectively act as the catalyst to resolve diverse concerns/objectives and competing priorities within the facility.
Internal to the organization, the individual must evaluate the strategic needs of the business relative to resource planning and deliver schedules to address those needs.
Recommend and resolve logic conflicts based on relationships to other work tasks and technical requirements. Must be able to act quickly to support inclusion of new work requirements or to address emergent equipment failures that have the potential to adversely impact production.
Objectively participate in critique/lessons learned processes to foster continuous improvement leading to increased safety, quality and production. Education Level Bachelors Degree or equivalent Years of Experience 5+ Years Job Category Manufacturing Benefits Westinghouse employees enjoy a comprehensive benefits package including Competitive Pay, Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance, STD & LTD, Life & Accident Insurance, Flexible Spending Accounts, Savings Plan, Pension Plan and Paid Vacation. We also offer a number of Work/Life Programs such as Flextime and a variety of Training and Development opportunities. Notice Employment opportunities for positions in the United States may require use of information which is subject to the export control regulations of the United States. Hiring decisions for such positions are required by law to be made in compliance with these regulations. Applicants for employment opportunities in other countries must be able to meet the comparable export control requirements of that country and of the United States.
Westinghouse Electric Company provides a wide range of nuclear power plant products and services to utilities throughout the world.