Intertek Chemicals and Pharmaceuticals combines expertise with advanced analytical laboratory services to provide added value to clients across a wide range of industries, including Upstream Oil & Gas, Refining, Chemical and Materials, Pharmaceutical, and Biotechnology.
GENERAL DESCRIPTION of RESPONSIBILITY
Performs intricate pre and post-test measurements to test engines components according to standard and test procedure specifications using manual as well as sophisticated testing and measuring equipment such as profile analyzer (PDI), snap gauges, micrometers, dial indicators, and digital scales. Demonstrates effective communication, coordination, and cooperation with internal and external customers.
- Visually inspects and screens parts prior to performing measurements.
- Performs inspections on engine hardware using metrology instrumentation. Accurately measures engine parts in accordance with test specifications.
- Operates computer to access measurement programs, to record and track data, and to generate report data, summaries, and graphs, Performs data maintenance functions.
- Maintains inventory of test parts accepted for engine build/testing.
- Performs prescribed calibration checks, parts calibrations, and log upkeep on measuring equipment to ensure accuracy.
- Marks, tags, labels and transports parts for photography.
- Cleans and weighs engine parts according to test specifications.
- Performs micro-hardness evaluations
- Interfaces with engineers and supervisors to provide technical data and support; interacts with clients as required.
- Maintains a clean and safe work area.
- Assists in troubleshooting and with training as needed.
- To carry out the above responsibilities, and all others which may be assigned, in a manner demonstrating support for and adherence to the Company’s Safety Policy and Procedures, Quality Policy and Procedures, Ethics Policy, Environmental Management System, Vision and Strategy, and to exercise good judgment, common sense, and diplomacy in so doing.
EXCEPTIONS, or ADDITIONAL DUTIES, REPORTING RELATIONSHIPS, and QUALIFICATIONS SPECIFIC to THIS BRANCH
- Minimum of 5 years experience (Sr. position requires 10 years) automotive testing experience with applied mechanical skills. Knowledge of computer rating and measurement procedures desired.
- Formal automotive mechanics course completed desired. Mechanical experience desired.
- Excel, Outlook, and Basic computer skills required.
- Accurate keyboarding skills and data processing fundamentals desired
- Skilled in use of hand tools, power tools and precision measuring devices used in mechanics trade.
- Must be available for overtime assignments on short notice.
- Hands-on data entry or programming experience is desired.
Periodic exposure to heat, noise, and fumes. Required to wear protective clothing, footwear and ear/eye protection. Must be able to lift and carry heavy engine parts and lubricant containers. Will be subjected to intense lighting and prolonged periods of visual concentration. Must have normal or corrected 20/20 vision. Knowledge of engine parts essential. Must be available for some overnight travel.
Intertek offers a culture motivated, customer-oriented employees can flourish, experience professional fulfillment, and reach their highest potential. We also offer a generous compensation and benefits package including medical, dental, vision, life insurance, disability, 401(k) with company matching, tuition reimbursement, and a generous paid time off package.
Intertek - 17 months ago
Intertek is a nosy nellie when it comes to product safety and international trade. The company, a leading provider of testing and inspection...