United States-Virginia-Fort Belvoir
US Citizenship Required for this Position
No relocation assistance available
Number of Openings
Northrop Grumman Information Systems sector is seeking a Cyber Systems Engineer to join our team of qualified, diverse individuals. This position will be located in Fort Belvoir, VA.
Put your years of experience into a future of excellence... The qualified applicant will be a part of Northrop Grumman's Defense Technologies Division with the Army Knowledge Online/Defense Knowledge Online (AKO/DKO) program. The Cyber Systems Engineer is responsible for supporting IA compliance of enterprise Linux and Solaris Operating Systems and Applications of AKO/DKO systems on NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Support of IA compliance (DoD/Army) for enterprise Linux and Solaris Operating Systems and Applications of AKO/DKO systems on NIPRNET and SIPRNET.
- Implementation of vendor patches in support of IAVA requirements
- Application of DoD STIG settings at the OS and Application level
- Review, Validation and Remediation of vulnerability scan results at the OS and Application level
- Perform detailed analysis in support of OS and Application level vulnerabilities
- Support design/deployment/maintenance of new and existing security infrastructure capabilities
- 5+ years experience managing/supporting enterprise Linux and Solaris Operating Systems.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with 5 years experience managing/supporting enterprise Linux and Solaris Operating Systems. 4 years of professional experience may be substituted in lieu of degree
- Experience implementing vendor patches on enterprise Linux and Solaris Operating Systems and Applications.
- Experience applying DoD STIG settings in support of IA compliance
- Experience reviewing/validating/remediating vulnerability scan results
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Secret Clearance.
In addition to the above minimum qualifications, the AKO/DKO program is interested in candidates with the following knowledge/certifications:
Northrop Grumman Corporation is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products, and solutions in unmanned systems, cybersecurity, C4ISR, and logistics and modernization to government and commercial customers worldwide.
- Other relevant certifications
- Security+ or equivalent IA Baseline Certification, Computing Environment Certification (CEC - e.g. Solaris, Linux).
Northrop Grumman is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, veteran status, disability, or any other protected class. U.S. Citizenship is required for most positions.
Northrop Grumman - 20 months ago
copy to clipboard
Northrop Grumman is a leading global security company providing innovative systems, products and solutions in aerospace, electronics,...