Connections Education is a leading, fully-accredited provider of high-quality, highly accountable virtual education solutions for students in grades K–12. Since 2001, the company’s Connections Academy division has delivered individualized learning to students through virtual public schools and a private online academy. In the 2011-2012 school year, 23 Connections Academy virtual public schools will operate in 22 states and expect to serve more than 40,000 students from across the U.S. The Connections Learning division meets the needs of schools, school districts, and other institutions looking to develop and enhance their online learning programs. Connections Learning delivers a full range of targeted digital learning solutions to the K-12 education community including online courses, a program for homebound students, a digital learning platform, and more. More than 300 schools, school districts, state departments of education and other educational institutions, serving tens of thousands of students throughout the United States and beyond, are already utilizing Connections Learning products and services. Connections Education is committed to expanding quality education through technology and helping students achieve both academic and personal success.
Working from an office in Baltimore, the EMS Integration Specialist will support, with the Curriculum Manager of EMS Integration, the Curriculum Department’s integration efforts based on the goals, objectives, and standards of the organization. This individual will help staff the Integration team by helping to vet and interview candidates. This individual will also support all training efforts for project assistants and new department members requiring integration training. The EMS Integration Specialist will also support the efforts of the Integration Team to resolve issues related to curriculum as identified by students and staff via IssueAware tickets. Finally, this individual will support the efforts of the project management team and perform functions to include planning, executing, and finalizing projects according to strict deadlines.
The EMS Integration Specialist’s responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
• Support the data flow of the Educational Management System (EMS) and ensure a high-level of quality of its content. Effectively manage the input and output of all content used to support the Curriculum and Instruction Department, including resources, assessments, and other learning accessories;
• Manage issues/feedback (IA’s) regarding existing curriculum using database tools and document resolution efforts in order to provide improved service performance and/or to capture and report data to internal/external users. Ensure that all reported curriculum errors are addressed within department guidelines;
• Work with the Curriculum Manager of EMS Integration to ensure resource workload is balanced across projects and that projects meet quality standards, timeline, and budget;
• Provide subject matter expertise as needed for various EMS efforts;
• Communicate with others in a professional and helpful manner while simultaneously building credibility and rapport. This includes the ability to understand, be diplomatic and tactful, demonstrate appropriate behavior in social situations and maintain composure in negative circumstances in order to achieve results;
• Train Integration staff members on the use of educational-related or department-specific tools. This includes the ability to present information in a logical manner and check for understanding to ensure transfer of knowledge and skills;
• Provide regular status reports for all activities related to department projects; and
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree required
• Expectation of two (2) to five (5) years of experience, preferably within an organization focused on Education, Curriculum Development, or related field
• Proficiency in the development, measuring, and reporting of performance metrics
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Can conform to shifting priorities, demands, and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
• Knowledge of Project Management practices, preferably with projects focused on Education, Curriculum Development, or related field
• Must be self motivated, have good interpersonal skills, be adaptable, and able to juggle multiple priorities
• Advanced knowledge of MS Project Professional 2007 or higher, MS Project Server 2007 or higher
• Proficiency in Microsoft applications, including MS Word, MS Excel, Visio, and MS PowerPoint
• Advance knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS), Educational Management Systems, or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems desired
• Comprehensive understanding of new and emerging technologies
- 2 years ago - save job