Schneider Finance, Inc. (“SFI”) is committed to helping fulfill a truck driver’s dream of owning their own successful small business as an owner operator. For both proven company drivers who are ready to advance their career, as well as experienced owner operator veterans, SFI is a single source conduit providing equipment, maintenance, financing and business management solutions. This position has accountability for providing matrix leadership and management of the client service aspects of SFI’s Owner Operator Tractor Lease Program in support of Enterprise owner operator capacity needs. Responsibilities include facilitation of marketing, sales, underwriting, and ongoing client relationship management of the tractor lease/loan portfolio. As a key contributor to the SFI Senior Leadership Team, this individual is actively involved in the planning and design of SFI’s strategic and operating plan as well as identifying and executing the goals and objectives of those plans. |
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Identify, train, lead, coach and mentor Client Services Administrators, Client Relationship Specialists and Customer Relationship Managers to effectively deliver SFI product offerings with industry leading client relationship service levels while meeting or exceeding budgeted lease volume, deal retention and profitability objectives.
2. Maximize sales and marketing opportunities to conduct profitable business in targeted client segments.
3. Utilize third-party technical, equipment maintenance, customer qualification or business support relationships to help mitigate Owner Operator business risk and ensure client success.
4. Coordinate with Financial Analyst in developing, tracking and maintaining standards relating to individual client owner and portfolio level credit quality, performance and financing profitability.
5. Within established approval limits, make or assist in making sound deal underwriting decisions while meeting or exceeding established turn-around objectives. This to include developing conditions or special structuring for business opportunities viewed deficient in one or more critical profile areas.
6. Seek opportunities to manage SG&A costs with the greatest emphasis on minimizing asset reseating costs and human capital costs of acquiring business and managing the portfolio.
7. Utilizing a matrix management relationship with all SFI client facing associates, coordinate with Director of Operations to additionally support the following functions:
8. New and used equipment logistics, acquisition and disposition
9. Asset and deal pricing, structuring and financing document preparation
10. Administration of client lease payment and maintenance escrow settlements, insurance, lease documentation and general administrative needs
11. Enhance and exploit capabilities of work-flow based system utilizing Dominion Lease Complete to support day-to-day operations and reporting needs
12. Manage and resolve non-routine matters relating to clients, vendors or associates including resolving disputes and interpreting policy.
13. Support SFI internal control function which seeks to minimize risk of loss by utilizing well developed and documented procedures and systems, formulating policy, providing high levels of training to staff, and confirming compliance through audit and verification.
14. Assist SFI General Manager and Director of Operations in special projects or other non-routine functions as required.
1. Bachelor’s degree required; preferred areas of study: Finance, Management. MBA desired.
2. Seven plus years of practical business experience required.
3. Proven leadership and mentoring skills necessary to manage rapidly evolving and complex organization. Seasoned performance coach with ability to garner exceptional results.
4. Commercial and Customer Service expertise to navigate customers through sales process.
5. Exceptional oral and written communication skills; ability to collaborate for maximum influence; support a “matrix leadership” environment to attain superior outcomes.
6. Extremely high attention to detail and appreciation for accounting precision accuracy.
7. Strong analytic skills and ability to accept accountability for portfolio risk quality and performance.
8. Competence in utilizing PC-based database, spreadsheet, word processing and presentation applications.
9. Familiarity with legal contracts including financing documents desirable.
10. Ability to manage multiple and conflicting priorities; demonstrated stress tolerance in a fast paced environment
11. Ability to identify root causes, creatively problem solve and execute resolutions.
12. Strong financial, entrepreneurial or business operations background would be beneficial.
13. Knowledge of trucks, trucking operations, and/or transportation equipment financing is desirable.
Schneider National - 17 months ago
Schneider is a premier provider of truckload, logistics and intermodal services. Offering the broadest portfolio of services in the...