Work with low income seniors through our Roommate Matching Program and Cooperative Apartment Communities.
Position Description :
Alternative Living for the Aging (ALA) is seeking a case manager to be part of a professional team that will develop consumer-directed Individualized Services Plans for very low-income and formerly homeless seniors with mental health disorders, in a new permanent, supportive housing development. Service plans will address the psychosocial needs of senior residents to support them in maintaining housing and independence. The salary is $33,000 annually plus benefits. This includes the opportunity to receive supervised hours from a certified Licensed Clinical Social Worker.
- At least two years experience with homeless older adults with chronic and persistent mental illness.
- A four year degree from an accredited university in a human services related field or three years of equivalent experience.
- Personal commitment and sensitivity to working with the homeless population, many of whom have co-occurring mental health and substance abuse disorders, as well as chronic health conditions.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and sensitivity to working with culturally diverse populations.
- Knowledgeable of community supportive services including, but not limited to, health care, alcohol and other substance abuse treatment, public income benefits, education and employment services (including volunteer services), self-help, peer support, and caregiver support groups.
- Ability to develop and direct a life skills training curriculum that includes, but is not limited to, health education, money management, housekeeping, menu planning, meal preparation, and being a good neighbor toward the goal of preventing the loss of housing (eviction).
- Well-organized and able to comply with the necessary documentation and the reporting requirements, including HIPAA.
- Ability to be a self-starter and manage time effectively. Spanish speaking proficiency is preferred.
nonprofitJOBMARKET.org - 4 years ago