Global Account Manager/Sales
New York, NY
We bring it all together for you
BT Global Services is a managed networked IT services company, operating globally and delivering locally. We work for 8,500 organizations, such as BMW, Credit Suisse, Deutsche Bank, Emirates, the EU, Fiat, FTSE, Microsoft, Nato, NYSE Euronext, Thomson Reuters, Unilever, Volkswagen and Volvo. They rely on our networks and services for their success.
Heritage and Scope:
We understand networks and our customers can draw on more than 30 years of experience working with them. We have a unique breadth of scope, reach and capability. Our network reaches all corners of the
world, underpinning global business by delivering networked IT services securely and efficiently wherever it operates. We’re part of BT Group, which, with annual revenues of more than $30 billion1, is one of the 200 largest companies in the world. BT is a direct descendent of the world’s first commercial telecommunications undertaking. Founded in 1846, it was the forerunner of today’s $3.2 trillion IT industry. With privatization in 1984, BT heralded today’s vibrant and competitive telecommunications industry.
Purpose Of Role:
The role holder is responsible for the development of sales of designated products in an established account, market sector or product-line. He/she negotiates at a high level, but within well-defined limits of delegation.
- - To follow the latest trends and developments in own field and adapt these to apply in the organisation.
- - To make a significant contribution to company's sales revenue.
- - May operate on a multi-country basis.
- - Likely to have responsibility for management of a direct or virtual team.
- - To define, develop and own key customer relationships and customer contact strategy.
- - Medium-term business strategy and objectives typically guide this role, although there may be involvement in the formulation and development of future policy.
- - Impact is primarily short-term but may develop plans over the medium term.
- - Assesses customer relationships and service level.
- - Able to engage at senior management level both internally and externally to within well defined limits of delegation.
- - Graduate, or relevant job experience.
BT is an equal opportunity employer.
- - 5+ years in a sales role with experience sellling IT managed services to global clients. Must have experience closing multi-year multi million dollar contracts.
- - Good leadership skills in managing, motivating and coaching.
- - Strong presentation skills.
BT - 18 months ago