- Driving commercial vehicles to support Company’s Environmental Services projects.
- Maintain all DOT and OSHA certifications as required to drive a CDL truck and possibly, while transporting Hazardous and Non-Hazardous Materials.
- Practice Safe work Practices by following all Company safety rules and OSHA regulations, including attendance at all required safety training programs.
- Perform duties as a member of the On-Call Emergency Response Team to respond to emergencies spills and other environmental emergencies.
- Perform pre and post checks on all vehicles driven
- Adhere to all regulations regarding the transportation of Hazardous and Non-Hazardous waste.
- Perform other duties such as Service Technician tasks as part of our team-based operations philosophy. These additional duties are an essential function of the job. Drivers are expected to perform Clean-up tasks, powerwash, and other labor tasks associated with Industrial Maintenance and Emergency Response work.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record (MVR) and Criminal Background plus acceptable FMCSA record.
- DOT Certification Card.
- Maintain and protect equipment in excellent condition.
- Ability to operate a commercial vehicle in a safe manner at all times.
- Ability to make overnight runs as required.
- Strong focus on Safety, Quality, Honesty, Integrity, condition.
- 40 Hours OSHA and related Safety Training is a plus.
- Hazmat and Tanker Endorsements
- 2 Years’ Experience as a CDL Driver is strongly preferred.
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time operating a motor vehicle
- Ability to lift 60 lbs
- Ability to work in severe weather conditions both hot and cold
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Work and travel in inclement weather
- Ability to stand and exert physical effort performing manual labor 50-70% of the time
- Able to tolerate exposure to moderate noise levels
Lewis will provide to the employee, a thorough medical exam, enrollment in the company’s random drug and alcohol program, perform 40 hour OSHA CFR 1910.120 Hazwopper training, and various other specific training to perform daily job functions.
This position offers competitive wages and benefits.
Lewis Environmental - 19 months ago