This position is responsible for providing high quality client focused service by using extensive knowledge of state and federal program requirements to assist clients in applying for and obtaining government benefits.
Primary Responsibilities/Tasks (include but are not limited to):
- Interviewing clients in a hospital setting and/or home visits to assist them in obtaining maximum benefit coverage.
- Completing applications for state and federal program, reviewing medical records and taking all actions necessary to expedite benefit approval.
- Maintain ongoing communications with government agencies regarding the status of claims.
- Provide updates and assistance to hospital personnel and other staff as needed.
- Maintain documentation of status of claims and client contact via computer system.
- Associates Degree
- Knowledge of Oregon Health Plan (OHP+, OHP Standard) and/or SSI/SSDI disability application processes and programs
- Ability to read and apply the information contained in medical records to appropriate program
- Previous case management experience
- Ability to apply knowledge of state/federal programs to benefit coverage for the patient
- Reliable transportation
- Understanding of and the ability to apply the medical definition of disability as it relates to body systems and functions of daily living
- Demonstrated experience working with people of various educational and socioeconomic backgrounds
- Computer skills, including word processing and data entry (MS Office, Excel preferred)
- Demonstrated strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bachelor’s Degree, preferably in Social Work, Nursing or Psychology
- Previous experience in Social Work, Nursing and/or Utilization Review
- Previous Hospital business office experience in Financial Counseling or Admissions
- Able to read, write and speak both English and Spanish fluently
- Previous experience working for Social Security Administration (SSA) and/or Department of Human Services (DHS)
Chamberlin Edmonds, an Emdeon company, is a leading provider of comprehensive eligibility and enrollment services with over 26 years of...