The incumbent in this position is responsible for performing all sales transactions in an assigned outlet.
(The following statements are intended as general illustrations of the work in this job class and are not all inclusive for specific positions.)
1. Responsible for the pick‑up, count down, and return of the cash bank from miscellaneous count.
2. Responsible for opening register, preparing and completing all paperwork for assigned outlet in an organized manner.
3. In front of house areas: greets guests and inquires of customer satisfaction before completing sales transactions.
4. Maintain accurate cash balance and handles money in a secure manner according to established standards.
5. Handle forms and equipment necessary to complete settlement of credit cards, coupons, and room charges.
6. Answer telephones and handles guest inquiries in person or by telephone.
7. Responsible for learning and being familiar with all of the Hard Rock Hotel's room outlets, cashier functions, and for being able to answer general questions regarding the property.
8. Check all supplies, ensuring adequate stock levels.
9. Responsible for the security and accuracy of assigned bank and is accountable for any and all overages and shortages.
Must have ability to:
- Use a cash register.
- Read, see, and write so as to read ticket totals, total up credit vouchers, log checks, etc.
- Bend so as to restock needed materials, retrieve dropped items, etc.
- Exposure to crowds and noise, varying levels depending on customer volume.
- Handle money and balance bank at end of shift.
- Communicate effectively with customers, co‑workers, and superiors.
Must be 21 years of age. Basic mathematical skills.
These skills and abilities are typically acquired through two months of on the job training or through related experience.