Honeywell Building Solutions (HBS) is a strategic business unit in Automation and Control Solutions (ACS). HBS installs and maintains the systems to help keep buildings and facilities safe, secure, comfortable and cost-efficient, and is a leading providing of energy efficiency solutions worldwide. HBS specializes in service of critical building systems, including heating, ventilation and air conditioning (HVAC), building automation, fire, security and energy management.
We are currently looking for a Journeyman Fitter to join our team in Bloomfield, NM. This position involves performing routine maintenance on commercial/industrial HVAC equipment/systems.
The main function of this position is to respond and resolve service calls providing technical support and troubleshooting to Honeywell customers. Additional responsibilities related to the technical delivery of HVAC retrofit jobs, SPOT and Preventive Maintenance may be assigned as well. These customers will have various products installed that fall into the HVAC, pneumatic control and refrigeration systems category as well as their associated electro-pneumatic control systems. The goal is to ensure system uptime and efficiency.
General Job Duties
· Complete documentation of all work done, including all readings, offsets, etc.
· Ensure all assigned Preventive Maintenance tasks are completed in the time allotted and the month scheduled
· Respond to and resolve Emergency Service Calls as required, in accordance with customer contract deliverables
· Diagnose and perform repairs in a time effective manner
· Keep abreast of changes and new developments in product and preventive maintenance techniques
· Availability for and performance of duties outside of normal working hours as required
· Promote, build and maintain good customer relations
· Keep supervisor informed of customer requirements, systems status, and actual, potential or perceived customer problems
· Supply information on adds or extra work to supervisor
· Report near-misses, incidents SOS and other opportunities for improvement
· Be responsible for Honeywell assets such as tools, proprietary equipment, vehicle and other assigned assets
· Attend and complete monthly safety training programs as required
· Accurate and timely submission of all required paperwork
· Meet all reporting requirements and comply with daily FAST tool use and associated metrics
· High school diploma/GED
· Member of the UA local 412 or pass necessary requirements to be accepted into UA
· New Mexico Journeyman license or able to obtain within 6 months of hire
· 3 years related HVAC experience including installation, troubleshooting and repairs of HVAC/refrigeration
· Valid driver’s license with a safe driving record
· Technical College diploma
· Pneumatic control systems experience
· Chiller/boiler experience
· Basic knowledge of Microsoft Windows Operating Systems and Microsoft Office Suite sufficient to learn how to proficiently operate FAST tool
· Provide own hand tools
· Demonstrated ability to use tools and test equipment
· Strong communication and customer service skills
Interested in Honeywell but this isn’t the right job for you? Join Honeywell’s Talent Network to receive updates on other Honeywell employment opportunities, news and more. Click here to sign up: http://careersathoneywell.com/en/Newsletternew.aspx
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Honeywell is committed to a diverse workforce.
Honeywell - 2 years ago
Honeywell is a Fortune 100 company that invents and manufactures technologies to address some of the world’s toughest challenges...