Requisition #: 72942
Status: Part-Time with Part-Time Benefits (20-35.99 Hours)
Business Unit: HF Medical Group
Shift: See Posting Details
Department: FAMILY PRACTICE
Job Family: Medical Support
Job Function: Clinical Support
Campus/Job Location Royal Oak
Location (State/City): US-MI-Royal Oak
Our health system thrives on teamwork, and we know our employees achieve the greatest results when they are working together for a common goal - to provide care for our patients. If you enjoy working in a collaborative environment then we have a job for you!
Henry Ford Health System is one of the country's largest health care systems and a national leader in clinical care, research and education. Our system includes the 1,200-member Henry Ford Medical Group, six hospitals, Health Alliance Plan, 32 primary care centers and many other health-related entities throughout Southeast Michigan. Founded in 1915 by auto pioneer Henry Ford, we continue to be committed to improving the health and well-being of a diverse Michigan community. In 2009 alone, Henry Ford Health System provided more than $173 million in uncompensated care. Henry Ford also is a major economic driver in Michigan and employs more than 23,000. Our health system is led by CEO Nancy Schlichting.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS: Manual dexterity required to complete performance of duties. Walks, stands, stoops, and may require some heavy lifting of patients and/or equipment. Works in a patient care setting with possible exposure to communicable diseases.
- Under direct supervision of the physician, performs a variety of routine administrative and clinical tasks to assist in the quality and compassionate care provided to patients
- These duties include the greeting and escorting of patients to the exam room; taking medical histories; the measurement and recording of vital signs; preparing patients for examination/procedure; and assisting the physician during the examination/procedure
- Demonstrates clinical competence
- Minimum of 1 year experience working as a Medical Assistant preferred
- Experience with Phlebotomy preferred
- Experience giving immunizations and injections preferred
Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer
Henry Ford Health System is committed to the hiring, advancement and fair treatment of all individuals without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, age, disability, religion, weight, height, marital status, familial status, veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.
Henry Ford Health System
- 2 years ago - save job
Built around a hospital founded by Detroit's favorite son, the not-for-profit Henry Ford Health System (HFHS) is a hospital network...