1. Responsible for specific production lines and/or customer products with regard to overall quality requirements and improvements.
2. Coordination of assigned APQP projects and the development and/or update of the following: Control Plans, Process Flow Diagrams, APQP Documentation, PMFEA’s, Inspection Instructions, and others as needed
3. Design and development of specialized gaging as needed.
4. Design and development of Quality system procedures and instructions as needed to maintain Quality System.
5. Prevention and reduction of waste through the use of quality Tools, such as, but not limited to: Pareto analysis, Mistake Proof Devisions, Cost of Quality Analysis, Visual Indicators, Capability Studies, and other statistical tools.
6. Prevention and resolution of Customer Concerns through the use of problem resolution tools such as 7D, 8D, Five Why, etc. problem solving processes.
7. Ability to work in a team environment and foster continuous improvement in all aspects of the plant operations.
8. Provide guidance to the quality engineering technicians as needed with regard to the following areas: Layout, Gage Calibration, Floor Inspections/Audits, Quality Checks, etc.
9. Prepare periodic reports and other data for presentations to managers and/or plant personnel.
10. Facilitation of Customer PPAP submission.
11. Review Customer systems for non-conformances
12. Trace and review status of engineering deviations and change requests
13. Support APQP process
14. Create and update quality documents as needed.
15. Perform other duties as assigned or as needed.
• 2-4 years experience in Quality with specific training to Quality tools and processes.
• Bachelor Degree in Engineering field or equivalent combination of experience and education in similar fields.
• Ability and willingness to travel within geographic area.
• ASQCE preferred
• Ability to solve problems
• Strong personal computer skills including Microsoft Office and various statistical software packages.
• Manufacturing experience – preferably in automotive industry working for a Tier 1 supplier.
• Strong communication skills both written and verbal
• Math skills
• Strong organization skills
• Ability to work off-shifts periodically to resolve specific issues and problems.
• A strong understanding of pr9oducts and production processes
• The ability to deal with multiple priorities and deal with stressful situations.
• Must have Experience with: PPAP/FMEA/APQP/GD&T/Gage R&R/Calibration/SPC, QS-9000, TS-16949, ISO 14001 and Internal auditing
• Committed to Continuous Improvement
Dana Corp. - 17 months ago
When it comes to building cars, it starts with the parts, and Dana makes the parts that carmakers use to piece together new vehicles. In...