The City of Seattle’s Department of Information Technology (DoIT) is seeking qualified candidates for the position of Oracle Database & Information Systems Administrator in the Telecommunications Services unit of the Communications Technologies Division. The Department of Information Technology provides technology leadership for the City enterprise, developing common standards, architectures, and business solutions to deliver City services more efficiently and effectively. DoIT is responsible for City-wide technology governance, strategic planning and policy development, and programs that promote technology literacy and public access to government information. The department manages the City’s technology infrastructure which includes the City’s data center, communications networks, and end user support and customer services activities.
This person will be part of a cohesive team reporting to the Telecommunications Services IT Manager. This position is a member of DoIT’s Integration Team which provides innovative applications and reporting concepts and automated solutions to address complex business needs citywide including IVR, billing and Pinnacle Telemanagement system applications, and a wide range of reports supporting the Call Center, customer billings, work orders, performance metrics, etc.
· This position will be responsible for day to day efficient operations and effective management of a number of mid-size OLTP Oracle 11g databases encompassing both development and production environments run on AIX servers.
· Ensure database instance availability using backup and recovery utilizing RMAN, TSM, and TDP resources.
· Create and maintain a wide range of Extraction Transformation and Load routines spanning a range of heterogeneous systems.
· Work directly with Telecomm and Data network engineers in maintaining system and device connectivity.
· Work directly with vendors and internal administrators to maintain both database and application release relevance.
· Work closely with Developers, Application and System Administrators of a high visibility Telecommunications and Data Network management system in enforcing compliance with laws, rules, and accepted standards and also providing robust and functional user interfaces.
The person in this position may be required to carry a mobile device and may be required to work over-time to make changes after business hours.
NOTE: Experience and training will be evaluated in lieu of education equivalence.
· BA/BS in Telecommunications Technology, Information Systems, Computer Science or a closely related field, including specific course work involving telecommunications networks, systems and applications.
· Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop I, releases 1 or 2 and a minimum five years Oracle DBA experience with Enterprise 11g R1 or R2, RMAN, and Recovery Catalogs.
· Working knowledge of shells and shell scripting, TSQL, PLSQL and Database programming in both SQL Server and Oracle.
· K nowledge of basic computer networking theory, operation and maintenance of Windows Server 200X and at least one Unix variant.
Ability to exercise independent judgment and discretion. Possess w ell established oral and written communication skills in both technical and business environments. Demonstrated ability to present highly technical concepts to non-technical audiences. Excellent customer service skills. Ability to work in fast-paced technology environment and to work as a productive member of a professional team, as well as initiative to be a self-starter; ability to work under pressure, multi-task and rapidly change priorities. Ability to maintain confidentiality, as well as a sense of humor, and interact with diverse workforce within the City.
NOTE: Employment contingent upon successful completion of comprehensive criminal background investigation. Valid Washington State Driver’s license or evidence of equivalent mobility.
Desired Qualifications :
· Oracle Database 11g: Administration Workshop II, releases 1 or 2 and knowledge of Oracle Database High Availability solutions.
· Conversant with Nortel/Avaya Telecommunications equipment and applications.
· Working knowledge of Pinnacle or similar telecomm management system, Oracle APEX, Java, .NET applications and data tools, and Crystal report creation.
· Knowledge of Business Intelligence, relational database design, data warehouse design and ETL routines in a heterogeneous data source environment.
· Conversant in the application of statistical analysis to business applications.
· Government/public sector experience a plus.
Seattle is known for innovation, progress and creative solutions. The City of Seattle provides a remarkable range of opportunities for...