Summary: This position is responsible for design, development and implementation of new applications as well as maintaining current applications for the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Design, develop and implement efficient business applications (APPX and web)
- Operational support for core business (APPX) and web applications
- Resolve system/operational issues related to applications
- Analyze business problems and operations in depth, considering limitations imposed by current automation environment, time requirements and desired results in order to develop functional operations for a proposed project.
- Perform special projects as assigned in order to respond to special needs or develop procedures and standards to control system development process
- Implement enterprise wide applications in order to place systems in operational status
- Responsible for data warehousing of main database (APPX) and offsite backup
- Planning and implementation of additions, deletions and modifications to the core systems (APPX)
- Work with users to define system requirements and resolve problems
- Study existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and develop new systems to improve production or workflow as required
Strong understanding of programming languages
Exposure to relational databases such as MySQL / MSQL / oracle etc.
Exposure to *NIX operating systems
Superior business, communication and analytical skills
Must possess basic understanding of accounting practices
Strong customer focus
Able to perform without constant supervision and is task driven
Possess excellent organizational and multi-tasking skills
Must have strong work ethic, team spirit and willingness to go the extra mile
Education / Experience:
Bachelors degree or higher in Computer Science
A minimum of 2 - 3 years working experience in a mid sized IT department
A good understanding and working knowledge of the following is required:
- AppX - the rapid application development tool, our applications are developed in
- Linux - operating system (RedHat – Fedora)
- MySQL - relational database
- pHp - Scripting language
- cXML / EDI concepts / ARIBA / SAP - OCI etc.
TechStaff, Inc - 15 months ago