Pay Rate Range
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Open Until Filled
NOTE: May close at anytime.
Secures buildings to avoid theft and property damage throughout the University. Applies preventive measures to insure possible hazards are minimized.
1. Unlocks University buildings at the beginning of each work day and secures University property by locking buildings and turning off lights and other electrical devices unintentionally left on after office hours.
2. Patrols the University, inspecting buildings, examining doors and windows, and checking for intrusions.
3. Assists the Fire Department by answering fire alarms with fire fighters and unlocking buildings and barriers to permit entry.
4. Assist Police Department by investigating disturbances and referring the call to police if a violation of the law has occurred.
5. Maintains appropriate logs to advise department heads of potential security problems.
6. Provides special services to the University community such as locking and unlocking offices, escorting individuals and assisting patrons and visitors with directions.
7. Monitors the security of controlled substances and expensive equipment through closed-circuit television to prevent theft.
8. Assists hospital staff during medical emergencies by managing crowd control.
The incumbent is on-call 24-hours a day, seven days a week, to handle emergencies particularly during special events on campus. This position is exposed to potentially dangerous situations in the performance of normal job duties.
This job description is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the job.
One year security experience or equivalency; successfully pass a background check; demonstrated communications skills; and a commitment to providing excellent customer service required. Must obtain International Association of Healthcare Safety and Security (I.A.H.S.S.) certification after six months of being hired in areas where the Director of Public Safety has determined it to be essential. A valid Utah Driver’s License preferred.
Applicants must demonstrate the potential ability to perform the essential functions of the job as outlined in the position description.
HS Diploma or GED
This position may require the successful completion of a criminal background check and/or drug screen.
Equal Employment Opportunity
The University of Utah is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity employer. Upon request, reasonable accommodations in the application process will be provided to individuals with disabilities. Please contact the Office of Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action, 201 S. Presidents Cr., Rm 135, (801) 581-8365 (V/ TDD ), for further information or to request an accommodation. The University of Utah is committed to diversity in its workforce. Women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
Special Instructions Summary
University of Utah - 20 months ago
Set in the foothills of the Wasatch Mountain Range, the University of Utah’s educational habitat provides breathtaking views of the...