1. Bachelor’s degree from a 4 year college or university in a health-related, exercise science, kinesiology, or physical education major required. Master’s degree preferred.
2. Nationally recognized and NCCA accredited certification preferred (ACSM, ACE, and NASM etc)
3. ACSM clinical exercise certification highly desirable.
4. CPR/AED and First Aid certification required.
5. Minimum of 2 years work related experience in a fitness facility.
6. Minimum of 3 years work related experience performing fitness evaluations. Clinical graded exercise testing highly desirable.
7. Must possess strong communication skills and the ability to work with members in a positive, service based manner.
8. The ability to manage multiple projects with high level of organizational skills and efficiency.
9. Proficient computer and word processing skills required.
10. Knowledge and general use of Microsoft Excel/spreadsheet software and other core business software (Compete) preferred.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Offers of employment are contingent upon the candidate successfully completing a pre-employment drug test and/or background check prior to the commencement of employment. All applicants offered employment requiring more than 15 hours per week are required to submit to a pre-employment drug test.
The purpose of the Fitness Manager is to oversee the daily operations of all fitness related services. He/She will ensure appropriate programming, staffing, supplies and customer service is delivered to members, clients and guests. Maintain a positive and professional demeanor during interactions and work related relationships with all persons at the center including but not limited to members, guests and team members as provided in the Team Member Handbook at the time of hire.
Power Wellness Management, LLC - 10 months ago
Power Wellness provides design, construction, and operations management services customized for medically integrated centers, commercial...