Position Number: F9450z
Research and Policy Associate, Law and Economics Center
The George Mason University, School of Law seeks a Research and Policy Associate, Law and Economics Center (LEC).
- Track and develop working knowledge of wide-range of legal and policy issues related to the civil justice system;
- Identify speakers and research materials for educational programs targeting judges, state attorneys general and members of the U.S. Congress;
- Conduct legal research on a variety of subjects and draft substantial components of scholarly papers intended for publication;
- Write executive summaries and help develop other similar collateral to maximize distribution of research and education initiatives;
- Draft funding prospectuses and other similar correspondence associated with new and ongoing research and education initiatives;
- Ability to draft correspondence for and interact with board members, important donors and other key constituencies;
- Assist with planning, arranging, promoting and hosting research and educational events as well as board meetings; and
- Proactively engage in open, fact-based debate related to education and research initiatives, as well as matters related to strategy and business operations.
Special Instructions to Applicants: For full consideration, please apply online at http://jobs.gmu.edu for position number F9450z; complete the faculty application; and upload a cover letter, resume or CV, and the names and contact information of three professional references.
- Strong, results-oriented work ethic; seeks zero-defects in all work product;
- Seeks to contribute to high-performance culture; assumes positive intent in all interactions;
- J.D. with class rank in top 15 percent;
- Master's in economics, law or a related subject;
- Experience as research assistant or law clerk; focus on antitrust or business law highly desired;
- Member of Law Review; and
- Demonstrated expertise in writing and public speaking for legal or policy audiences.
George Mason University is an innovative, entrepreneurial institution with national distinction in a range of academic fields. Enrollment is over 32,000, with students studying in over 185 degree programs at campuses in Arlington, Fairfax, Loudoun and Prince William.
George Mason University, Where Innovation Is Tradition!
George Mason University is an equal opportunity employer encouraging diversity.
Job Type : Full Time
UniversityJobs.com - 2 years ago
George Mason University, located in Northern Virginia and within the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area, is a doctoral granting institution...