The Human Resource Assistant under the general direction of the Director of Human Resources and/or the Human Resources Administrator will be responsible for the maintenance of all highly confidential employee information as it relates to HRIS, benefit plans/programs for the College and any other systems that may require employee data.
MISSION & VALUES : Carries out duties and responsibilities in a professional manner which demonstrates support for faculty, staff and students and respect for the dignity of the individual.
Duties will include:
- Benefits enrollment/terminations on- line processing
- Create New Hire Benefit Packages
- Processing monthly/quarterly benefit billing
- TIAA-CREF enrollments/terminations
- Producing Employment Agreements for Faculty, Staff and Adjuncts
- Processing Personnel Action Forms and creating files for all new hires
- Producing reports from Ceridian on an as needed basis
- Collects, inputs and maintains all employee related data in HRIS system within the parameters of the payroll calendar
- Administration of recruitment advertising
- Unemployment Claims Processing
- Administration of Tuition Remission Program under the direction of HR Administrator
- Organizes events for employee population
Additional Human Resources responsibilities will include:
- Ad hoc projects and working with HR staff as required including updating organizational charts as needed
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
- The ability use discretion and protect all confidential information
- Superior skills in MS Office – Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Strong customer service focus
- Excellent communication skills
- Must be able to handle multiple assignments with a strong focus on process and outcomes.
- Must be self-motivated with a demonstrated ability to learn quickly, multi-task, set priorities and work independently as well as part of a team.