Rebuilding Together East Bay-North is a non-profit 501c3 located in Berkeley, CA that provides free critical home repairs to low-income senior homeowners, homeowners with disabilities, and veterans. For more information, please visit our website at www.rtebn.org.
The Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator works in a staff/volunteer team driven environment to promote and support Rebuilding Together East Bay-North. Under the direction of the Executive Director, the Volunteer and Outreach Coordinator is responsible for: overseeing all aspects of volunteer participation, including recruitment, training, supervision, and scheduling; special event planning, coordination, organization and promotion; public relations development through community education, involvement and support; and other administrative tasks.
- Conduct outreach within the community to recruit potential specialized volunteers (people with experience in the trades and/or project management) and general volunteers, especially those connected to a possible sponsor, and volunteers who can train to qualify or are qualified as house captains and first mates
- Respond to all volunteer inquiries to the organization
- Maintain public listings regarding volunteer opportunities
- Screen and “interview” skilled volunteer candidates when necessary
- Assist with training of house captains, co-captains and first mates
- Assist with general meetings for homeowners
- Provide follow-up and support for all volunteers
- Implement best practices for volunteer retention and engagement with an emphasis on ways to maintain engagement year-round
- Maintain database for tracking information for volunteers
- Work closely with Program Field Coordinator regarding acquisition of applications for service, inspections and estimates for volunteer needs
- Maintain calendar for home and facility projects
- Coordinate volunteers for prep, projects, follow-up, “Fix It Fridays”, etc.
- Maintain open communication with team members
- Organize volunteer appreciation events and other recognition efforts
- Provide on-going appreciation for volunteers
- Assist team members and/or board members as needed and reasonable
- 11 months ago - save job