1 year of experience required
Located in Central Ohio, the Mount Carmel Health System serves more than a million patients each year through five hospitals and over 50 outpatient facilities.
We are seeking a Safety and Security Officer to join out team of dedicated professionals as we continue our mission of improving the health of the communities we serve.
The Safety and Security Officer is to provide protective services to all persons and property across the Mount Carmel Health System.
- Ensure a safe environment for all associates, physicians, patients, visitors in compliance with various regulatory standards to include, JC, OSHA, ect.
- Provide a quality service consistant with the values of Mount Carmel Health System for our associates, physicians, patients, and visitors.
- Maintains a safe and secure environment through job knowledge, skills and engagement. Intervene as appropriate in any safety and security observed issues.
- Enforces all governmental regulations, standards, policies associated with Mount Carmel Health System and Safety and Security Policies (i.e. smoking policy)
- Communicate safety and security discrepancies to the appropriate parties for mitigation.
- Ensure department goals and objectives are reached/maintained during assigned shifts.
- Responsible for completing and documenting assigned tasks, such as fire drill and safety tours on time.
- Ensure accurate documentation during assigned shift (i.e. security reports, safety incidents, activity logs).
- Ensure consistent delivery of professional, friendly, and courteous service.
- Comply with the organization and department dress code.
- Conduct initial and follow-up investigations, if warranted or directed, ensuring documentation of investigative steps.
- Proactive patrolling of the campus by foot, segway, or vehicle as assigned.
- Respond to all “SWAT” calls expeditiously and safely.
- Be familiar with all hospital emergency code and appropriate responses.
- Responsible for completing assigned tasks/duties on time (i.e. fire drills and safety tours).
- Provide on-the-spot in-service training to staff where knowledge related discrepancies are noted.
- Demonstrate sound judgment, decision skills, and prioritizing responses to emergency situations.
- Ability to perform duties in an independent manner.
- Custodial responsibility for patient valuables and maintaining lost and found by following the proper protocols.
- Inspects panic alarms, AED’s, and call boxes as assigned.
- Provides escorts for associates, patients, visitors, and students (where located) in the hospital areas and areas contiguous to the hospital areas.
- Issue parking citations and enforce the parking policy.
- Provide helipad duties during helicopter landings and departures.
- Assist in the collection of ICES data as directed.
- Monitoring of cameras and access control responsibilities as assigned.
- Citizen arrest duties only in accordance with applicable laws and statutes.
- Assist motorist with vehicle assistance as appropriate (i.e. jump start)
- Traffic enforcement keeping emergency entrances and approaches clear of non-emergency vehicle traffic.
- Respond to safety incidents/visitor injuries as appropriate, ensuring medical is summoned as appropriate.
- During emergent events direct media to the proper area/contact.
- Perform other assigned duties as directed by Management.
- Use proper radio procedures and monitors on-going activity.
- Be familiar with geographic location and facility layout.
- Immediately report and respond appropriately to Salient events, communicating the event to your supervisor.
- Provide for security per policy for VIPs.
- Chemical spill clean up as assigned.
- Responsible for compliance with Organizational Integrity though raising questions and promptly reporting actual or potential wrongdoing.
- All other duties as assigned.
Education: High School graduate or GED required. Certification: OPOTC Certification in Private Security preferred IAHSS Certification preferred. Three to five years experience in security, law enforcement or military disciplines or equivalent training which might include criminal justice, homeland security, or law enforcement academy is preferred. Effective Communication Skills. Valid Ohio State driver’s license with good driving record maintained. Customer service oriented able to function in high stress situations with personal restraint, integrity, and control. Basic computer skills that commensurate with the job
About Mount Carmel
Serving more than a million patients each year, Mount Carmel is the preferred healthcare provider in central Ohio. Our more than 8,500 employees and 1,500 physicians utilize state-of-the-art facilities, advanced technologies and the latest procedures to accomplish our mission of healing patients’ minds, bodies and spirits, and improving the health of the communities we serve.