UPMC Corporate Services is hiring a full-time Supply Specialist to help support the Supply Chain Management Hospital Operations Department for its UPMC Presbyterian location. This position will work standard business hours Monday through Friday. The Supply Specialist receives and stores supplies, monitors inventory, identifies and removes expired items, and fulfills supply requests.
- Receive incoming materials, supplies and equipment; compare information on packing slip to verify accuracy noting any corrections; record discrepancies or damages in shipment and notify supervisor.
- Unload equipment, inspect verifies, accept or reject supplies and materials from delivery trucks and stage in appropriate area for processing.
- Store and stack items in the prescribed location within Materials Management Department.
- Fill supply requests and deliver those supplies to the requisitioning department. Ensure the recipient signs for delivered materials and supplies and return signed delivery sheets for filing as required.
- Accurately enter information of receipts of goods into Peoplesoft system as needed.
- Coordinate items for shipment by packaging, marking and preparing bills of loading and/or other documents as required.
- Prepare items for return shipment coordinating between the user department and the Warrendale Distribution Center.
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- One year previous supply experience, two through three years of professional work experience, or a two year degree required.
- Ability to understand and execute verbal instructions.
- Ability to safely and properly operate pallet jacks, hand trucks, forklifts and other material handling equipment.
UPMC is an equal opportunity employer.
UPMC - 17 months ago
UPMC is a $10 billion global health enterprise with more than 55,000 employees headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pa., and is transforming health...