The Team Coordinator is responsible for modeling the 3 Company values of Compassion, Integrity, and Excellence, and for promoting the Hospice philosophy, using the 6 Pillars as the foundation. S/he is responsible for upholding the Code of Ethical Conduct and for promoting positive working relationships within the Program, and between the Program and other Company departments, and between the Program and all external stakeholders.
The Team Coordinator is responsible for the patient chart, including establishing the chart at admission and the ongoing maintenance of documentation until the patient is discharged and the chart is closed in accordance with Medicare/Medicaid rules and regulations. The Team Coordinator will facilitate the flow of patient information to all members of the IDT in a timely manner.
1. Supports Program and corporate policies, goals, and objectives.
2. Cerner/Homeworks and Daily Labor Tool
- Promotes positive working relationships within the Program and with support personnel.
- Attends and participates in staff meetings, education programs, and community events.
- Identifies needs and offers potential solutions to supervisor.
3. Performs clerical tasks as follows:
- Enters referral intake data. *
- Enters newly admitted patient information. *
- Enters colleague time and visit count and mileage on daily labor tool.
- Enters into Homeworks the following:
- patient visits from documentation attached to Time and Travel Log
- updated patient demographic information
- all patient medications (under the supervision of a registered nurse)
- Enters patient information into Health Trans and completes the pharmacy instruction sheet; faxes the instruction sheet with the medication list to the pharmacy.
4. Coordinates communication with the members of the IDT. Communicates effectively with members of IDT, patients, families, and the community.
- Establishes patient chart. *
- Ensures all admission documentation is signed and dated, with attending physician/medical director CTI and order to admit. *
- Tracks DME and medical supplies orders, and advises management team of trends.
- Logs submission of and monitors timely return of physician orders.
- Verifies accuracy, legibility, and inclusion of all required time log, checking time logs for corresponding clinical visit notes and relevant attachments.
- Files documents accurately in corresponding patient chart, and thins charts as necessary.
- Ensures proper documentation of changes in level of care.
- Collects and assembles recertification/decertification paperwork, and notifies appropriate providers of patient discharge.
- Submits requests for medical records and hospital inpatient charts, and processes provider notifications when relevant.
- Rotates deceased/discharged patient charts from active chart status, and establishes deceased/discharged patient files.
* Duties performed in the absence of an Admissions Coordinator.
- Answers incoming telephone calls, takes accurate messages, and transfers calls appropriately.
- Transfers phone system to secondary system as appropriate.
- Assists DCS with pre- and post-IDT activities, including agendas, updated plans of care (UPOC's), etc.
- Places copies of updated plans of care in patient charts; returns originals to nurse for signature; and re-files signed originals in patient charts.
- Updates IDT agenda and patient roster.
- Mails or faxes UPOC's to attending physician.
- High school graduate.
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office.
- Strong customer service, organizational, and interpersonal skills.
- Professional demeanor, self-motivation, and dependability.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- History of effective communications with physicians, nurses, and other healthcare personnel.
- Experienced in multi-line telephone systems, typing, word processing, and the use of other office equipment.
- High integrity, including maintenance of confidential information such as patient records.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule, to include some evenings and weekends.
- Reliable transportation.
- Ability to meet physical job requirements as specified by attachment.
Hospice Compassus - 9 months ago