The Systems Architect is responsible for designing technical solutions for complex problems. The candidate will provide technical oversight of a project solution, including requirement interpretation and allocation of requirements to technical components. They will define processes to support the implementation of requirements. They are responsible for ensuring that technical solutions leverage industry best practices, designing for security and excellence while minimizing the total cost of ownership.
Candidate should be able to define internal and external customer IT web architecture needs and design solutions to meet those needs to include, capacity planning, systems configuration and tuning, monitoring, backups, hardware and software installations.
Candidate will be required to work independently with little supervision and should be flexible to work and support IT Operations needs as requested.
Additionally, candidate will be responsible for:
- System capacity planning
- Technical requirements management
- Offers support to Application Development department regarding new technologies and system requirements
- Complex problem management research and issue resolution
- Assist with day to day Windows and Linux system administration tasks as necessary
- IT Operations process improvement recommendations and implementation
- Automation of administrative tasks through scripting
- Functions as an inter/intra-group liaison and leads project efforts as required
10+ years overall system administration experience
5+ years system architect experience
Windows 2008, Ubuntu, Redhat, and Oracle OS Administration.
PowerShell, VBscript, and Perl scripting
SQL 2005/2008, Oracle 10g/11g, and MySQL experience is a plus.
Microsoft System Center experience is a plus.
EMC Clarion/Symmetrix experience is a plus
VMware ESX experience is a plus