The Upward Bound Program provides assistance in the areas of academic support and enrichment, AIMS preparatory, career exploration, and post-secondary information to identified students. The primary purpose of the federally funded program is to prepare students in grades 9-12 to attend and graduate from college.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Provide support to Upward Bound program staff
- Prepare College vehicles, including filling gasoline tanks and conducting vehicle inspections
- Clean motor pool area, deliver vehicles to campuses, and complete appropriate paper work
- Transport Upward Bound high school students to/from Pima Community College Northwest Campus
- Operate motor vehicles and drive to various locations within Pima County and surrounding counties to deliver or pick up vehicles, and/or supplies
This position requires possession of a valid Arizona Driver’s License and demonstration of an acceptable driving record. A copy of the applicant’s Arizona Motor Vehicle Record ( MVR ) must be submitted with the application materials to be considered complete.
- High school diploma, or General Equivalency Degree
- One year of customer service experience
- Clear background check as outlined in Arizona Revised Statues for Education Title 15-512
Physical Requirements: Typically requires: balancing, stooping, crouching, reaching, standing, walking, pushing, pulling, lifting, grasping, talking, hearing, seeing and repetitive motions.
Heavy Work: Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Incumbents may be subjected to moving mechanical parts, vibrations, poor ventilation, workspace restrictions, inclement weather and travel.
The successful candidate will have the knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Operate motor vehicles
- Interpret information on packing lists, maps, logs, and other written documents
- Basics of customer service principles
- General record keeping
- Student transportation, including driving laws and regulations
- Safety procedures, to include interpreting Material Safety Data Sheet ( MSDS )
- Communicate, and demonstrate interpersonal skills in interactions with coworkers, supervisor, and the general public, sufficient to exchange or convey information and to receive work direction
- Demonstrate an acceptable driving record per Pima Community College standards and practices