Want to love where you work? At Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores, our team members are the key to our ability to achieve our mission – to spark the creativity that lives in every person. When you shop our stores, not only will our stores and the products we sell excite you, you will quickly notice that our teams are inspired to provide exceptional service. They are the reason we are the best fabric and craft retail brand in the country. They are why our customers love to shop our stores In each of our nearly 800 locations throughout the U.S., you will find our Team Members directly interacting with customers and assisting with operational, merchandising, and receiving tasks throughout the store. If you are dynamic, energetic and have a passion for serving and inspiring creativity, you will love working at Jo-Ann.
We are currently seeking: Store Team Leaders who can…
To join our team, you must:
- Analyze financial reports and create plans to increase sales and address store performance opportunities.
- Manage multiple priorities and exercise situational leadership through constant prioritization and delegation of duties.
- Build a great team by recruiting, retaining, coaching, developing and motivating talent.
- Ensure excellent execution of operational store standards and company directives.
- Maintain a high level of visibility on the sales floor to ensure team is executing daily goals.
- Manage POS, payroll and scheduling systems to control store expenses and manage resources.
- Enforce all legal and compliance standards relating to labor, shrink, audit, and safety.
In addition to the above, the Team Members who are most successful at Jo-Ann are those with the values of inspiration, compassion, accountability, respect and engagement.
- Be 18 years or older and have a High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Successfully pass a background check.
- Be available to work a flexible work schedule, including days, evenings, weekends, and holidays.
- Have a willingness to learn and develop your fabric and craft product knowledge.
- Have 3 to 5 years supervisory experience preferably in retail environment.
- Successfully complete the Manager-In-Training Learning System within 60 days of hire.
Our company is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. This job summary is intended to be brief and does not list all the duties for this position. Nothing in this job description should be construed as an express or implied contract of employment. Jo-Ann Stores, Inc. is an at-will employer, which means that your employment may be terminated by the Company or yourself with or without notice or cause unless the at-will arrangement is modified by a written agreement signed by both you and the Chief Executive Officer of the Company.
- Have a passion for sewing, crafts, scrapbooking? Team Members receive a discount of 20% off their purchase every day of the year.
- Competitive pay and benefits including medical, dental and vision plans.
- 401(k) Savings Plan.
- Flexible schedule.
Jo-Ann Stores - 7 months ago
With 800 stores, and growing, in 49 states, we're the nation's largest specialty
retailer of fabrics and one of the largest specialty...