The Senior Systems Analyst provides mainframe and micro -computing support to include the development, implementation and maintenance of operational, clinical and financial control systems, including the Resource Information Management System, to assigned Vice Presidents, administrative officers, clinical leadership and other institutional users. Conducts mainframe and micro-computer information support needs analysis, conceptual system design and hardware/software selection and installation. Provides consultation to end-users in defining micro-computer information requirements, conducting methods and procedures analysis and implementing system support. Maintains a liaison relationship with Management Information Systems to ensure system accountability and consistency with hospital wide information systems standards. Maintains users' management information system network and establishes and enforces all relevant policies and procedures to run the network . Develops and implements PC training programs for departmental managers and end -users. Competent to work on complex level mainframe and micro computer programming and system analysis projects. Demonstrates the necessary human behavioral skills such as respect, honesty and professionalism which are necessary in a department such as Decision Support. |
- Demonstrates the ability to practice, on a daily basis, the nine key behavioral principles identified by the Patient Customer Relations Program (Responsiveness, Information, Environment, Respect , Professionalism, Privacy, Listening, Confidentiality, and Telephone Skills).
- Assists users in the conduct of micro-computer information support needs analysis including the conduct of user surveys, interviews, procedural analysis and information distribution.
- Develops mainframe and micro-computer system functional descriptions to include input /output, data file arrangements, system flowcharts and logic diagrams. Will be required to write software programs.
- Analyzes currently installed mainframe and non-mainframe hospital support systems to determine data availability, integration requirements and effective means for information sharing. Identifies and defines integrated data requirements of new applications. Coordinates the incorporation of external data such as benchmarking information into existing hospital wide systems, including the Resource Information Management System (RIMS).
- Utilizes mainframe databases (Model 204, IDMS) and tools (TSO) to facilitate data needs of users. Develops, maintains, and supports the downloading and uploading of data to and from mainframe, mini, and micro computers. Develops, maintains, and supports mainframe and micro based hospital and departmental interfaces ensuring a consistent source for data.
- Evaluates, analyzes and installs available hardware and software (SQL, ODBC) for micro-computer applications. Ensures the end-user's access to data whether mainframe or PC based is as efficient and timely as possible using available graphical interface tools such as Crystal Reports, Proclarity Analytics and Sharepoint Portal Services at the PC level.
- Plans and conducts training for managers and end-users during the implementation of micro-computer hardware and mainframe/micro application/software systems. Assists in the development of procedural, technical and user manuals to ensure each user of the system is properly educated and trained in their existence and usage.
- Assists users in the analysis, design, installation and implementation of mainframe and micro-computer information support systems and appropriate interfaces to hospital systems and external databases.
- Develops or assists users in the development of database retrieval programs.
- Assists in the development of systems procurement specifications, requests for proposals and information systems plan for micro-computer systems.
- Conducts cost/benefit analyses of various methods for fulfilling micro-computer systems support requirements.
- Assists in the development of recommendations to user departments for micro -computer support systems planning, procurement and system development.
- Administers operation of the users' local area networks to include system access /authorization procedures and any related security issues.
- Performs all job related duties in accordance with Management Information System standards.
- Performs other job related and programming duties as required.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related disciplines, or technical training and work related experience equivalent.
- Five (5) to seven (7) years of experience in a variety of systems analysis and programming activities, with at least two (2) years of primary emphasis on micro-computing systems required. Previous experience working with IBM mainframe.
- In-depth knowledge of a variety of personal computer based hardware and software systems, communications networking and analysis techniques. Excellent user-relations skills. Experience with industry standards such as SQL, ODBC, MS Excel, MS Access, .Net, Visual Basic, Tableau, Sharepoint Portal, Crystal Reports and other Client Server related tools and products.
- Accountable for developing effective systems within established time estimates which meet user requirements and, when automated, are compatible with computer hardware. Analyzes and determines data availability, integration requirements, etc., of existing mainframe and non-mainframe information systems.
- Exercises discretion and independent judgement in making decisions related to systems development, analyzing user needs at all levels in the organization and designing the most cost effective systems for all users.
It has been determined that you are currently running a "Popup Blocker". In order to continue, please allow this site from within your "Popup Blocker" preferences.
Yale New Haven Health - 20 months ago