Mechanical Reliability Engineer - Paper
(PL will vary depending on experience)
Goal of the Position
--Promote increased performance of machinery and equipment in their
assigned area through failure analysis. Identify and develop
opportunities for improvement and optimization based on failure analysis
--Develop and maintain the Planned Maintenance Plan, with the goal of
eliminating unscheduled downtime and increasing the availability of
equipment and processes in their assigned area.
--Equipment Reliability Strategy
Criticalities Assessment Owner
* Lead development effort
* Keep criticalities current. Periodic reviews
Owns maintenance strategy
* Predictive Maintenance - Develop routes, ensure communication
between core team and technician
* Preventative Maintenance - Develop PM mechanics for each area.
Develop routes and manage the program and communication with core teams.
* Lubrication program - Ensure mechanic qualified and properly
lubricating and inspecting equipment.
Support Core teams
* Help resolve technical issues or repair procedures as required
* Coach maintenance FLLs as needed
* Owns RCFA for the area. Does not lead all RCFA, but ensures
engagement of workforce, proper root causes identified, and action items
Coordinate priorities with operations
* Maintain top 5-10 PCF list and ensure alignment between core
teams, operations mgmt, engineering and maintenance
* Utilize data mining and cost and productivity drivers to
--MWS Work Notification Oversight
Approve all Dept Work Orders
* Ensure Indirect Work Order / Mgmt of Change identified as
* Preventive Maintenance Shutdown Work
* Annual Outage Work
* Routine Work- Attend MWS meetings. Attend weekly scheduling
meetings.Approve weekly schedules.
--Capital and Repair Projects
* Champion the element of “Design for Reliability” in all capital
and repair jobs.
* Develop and handoff capital work to mill engineering.
* Own jobs from development to implementation. Design for
Facility Plan Development
* Maintain 5 yr repair plan
* Participate in Capital Plan development
Action Oriented, Functional/Technical Skills, Listening, Informing,
Managerial Courage, Command Skills, Drive for Results. Problem Solving,
BS degree in Mechanical Engineering or related field preferred
5 to 10 years experience
International Paper - 18 months ago
For International Paper (IP), business is a global paper chase. It is one of the world's largest manufacturers of printing papers....