Perform a range of routine financial transactions generally in the areas of accounts payable, payroll and travel.
- Prepares accountings for certification in support of debt collection, vendor payments, accounting operations, banking and finance, etc.
- Reconciles general ledger accounts, bank accounts, and/or financial statements and takes corrective action as needed. This includes activities involving credit cards, invoices, travel accountings, PCS/TDY accountings, tax returns, funding documents, debt collection, etc.
- Reviews and analyzes various, less complex General Ledger accounts and updates information to ensure accuracy.
- Under client direction, establishes commitments and obligations and periodically revalidates them within established guidelines and procedures.
- Originates financial data and posts into Finance Systems. Reviews to ensure data integrity are maintained.
- Adheres to Government requirements (National Associations of Records Administration - NARA) of Financial record keeping.
- Processes travel and miscellaneous claims in a timely manner.
- Clears accounting suspensions and refers complex accounting issues to more senior staff providing customer service and technical assistance to customers.
- Monitors daily cable traffic and other electronic mail and responds to various routine queries from customers; refers more complex queries to more senior staff for resolution.
- Provides general guidance to customers regarding entitlements, accounting requirements, and established finance policies.
- Researches finance regulations and data within financial systems to resolve standard financial problems and issues.
- Provides assistance and mentoring to less experienced coworkers.
- Active TS/SCI clearance with Polygraph required
- 3+ years of related experience required
- Typically requires a Bachelor's degree or equivalent
GCS - 19 months ago