Responsible for the operation and maintenance of a complex compressor station with multiple large engines, compressors, and other plant related equipment located at the Carr, CO. Cheyenne compressor station. Perform operation and maintenance tasks on reciprocating engine/compressor units, turbine engine/compressor units, and all associated ancillary equipment. Ancillary equipment includes: motors, generators, cooling equipment, pumps, valves, seals, air compressors, and other related plant equipment.
- Start, stop, and operate engines/pumps within defined operating parameters.
- Ensure the cost effective and efficient performance of all engines, pumps and associated equipment at the compressor station and process plant.
- Perform maintenance, diagnose and repair on engines, compressors, turbines, pumps, seals, valves and instruments.
- Install, repair, service and maintain plant valves, piping, and other ancillary plant equipment as applicable.
- Responsible for the general upkeep and maintenance of all plant related facilities and equipment.
- Maintain, adjust, make minor repairs, and operate equipment (e.g., industrial wheeled tractors, fork lift, man lift, water pumps, air compressors, expanders, coolers, test equipment, vehicles, etc.).
- Represent the Company during contacts with customers, public officials/emergency officials, etc. when warranted.
- Oversee construction and/or maintenance activities performed by third parties when applicable.
- Inspect 3rd party construction as directed.
- Assist with the creation, planning, forecasting and managing of the areas Capital and O&M budgets.
- Assist with cash flow management, cost monitoring and control.
- Assist personnel in performing technical and non-technical tasks, including testing eng/comp shutdowns, gas and fire detectors, and scheduled ESD testing.
- Train and oversee company and third party personnel as required (e.g., personnel in progression, transport drivers, contractors, visitors …)
- Perform annual compliance activities including but not limited to: leak surveys, relief valve inspections, and emergency valve inspections.
- Perform minor electrical maintenance.
- Identify, report, and correct safety and environmental concerns.
- Actively participate in safety programs and initiatives.
- Participate in the development of O&M Procedures, Site Specific Procedures, project scopes and work plans.
- Complete all applicable documentation and record keeping.
- Perform all work in compliance with Company standards, procedures, regulatory, and Company tariff requirements.
- Demonstrate performance toward operational excellence.
- Provide oral and written communication of activities to appropriate personnel.
- Deal with a wide variety of people with tact, courtesy and professionalism including but not limited to other employees, all levels of management, vendors and customers both internal and external.
- Speak clearly, both in person and by telephone, using a high level of verbal skills, and listen carefully.
- Maintain a regular, dependable attendance, and high level of job performance
- Maintain a high regard for personal safety, the safety of company assets and employees, and the general public
- Required to perform call-out duties to help maintain system integrity, acceptable facility run time and emergency response after regular business hours.
- Carry a company-provided communication device (cell phone) and respond during working hours and non-working hours as required (e.g., willing and able to support projects 24 hours per day in case of emergencies).
- Overtime may be required and is anticipated.
MINIMUM JOB REQUIREMENTS:
PREFERRED EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE, CERTIFICATIONS, COMPETENCIES, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- High school diploma or equivalent is required
- Basic computer skills (knowledge of MS Office, various operating systems, and other company software)
- Must be able to work with a team, take direction from supervisor(s), prioritize and adhere to established work schedule, focus attention on details, and follow work rules.
- Ability to occasionally work 12 hr. rotating shift schedule including night shifts as needed.
- Basic math skills (addition, subtraction, multiplication, division, fractions, decimals).
- Achieve and maintain all OQ qualifications and progression requirements applicable to the job classification.
- Ability to effectively organize, plan, prioritize, document, and complete work with a minimum of supervision.
- Ability to effectively work with customers, suppliers, other operations groups, engineering staff, and management.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Carry communication device for after hour’s callouts, and work required overtime.
- Mentor fellow employees when the opportunity presents itself.
- Must possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and a driving record satisfactory to the company and its insurers.
- Must live within a reasonable distance to reporting location for acceptable response time to callouts.
- Must be able to perform all essential functions of the job.
Above the minimum requirements; not required but advantageous in this position:
- Detailed knowledge of compressor and transmission pipeline systems operations.
- Knowledge of operating costs and best practices associated with natural gas pipeline equipment.
- Experience reading and interpreting blueprints, P&IDs, and other diagrams.
- Knowledge and experience in safe handling practices of flammable gases, liquids, and high and low pressure systems.
- Maintenance and operations of Cooper engines, Solar Turbines, Caterpillar 3600/3500, and Ariel Compressor units preferred.
- Knowledge of company policies, procedures and practices, and regulatory and tariff requirements.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed. This position may perform other duties as assigned.
- Job level commensurate with experience and skill sets.
- The successful candidate will be required to clear a drug screen and a complete background check, after an offer has been extended and prior to being employed.
Kinder Morgan is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants are considered for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, citizenship status, marital status, medical condition, physical or mental disability or any other legally protected status. EOE/M/F/D/V
This can get Kinder complicated: Kinder Morgan Management (KMM) was created by pipeline operator Kinder Morgan, Inc. to be the limited...