The Managed Services Manager (MSM) is a business, sales and solutions thought leader at CDW. The MSM is accountable for effective and efficient day-to-day Managed Services operations in their assigned geography and driving alignment with the Sales team and Solutions team. The MSM demonstrates focus in leading Managed Services Teams to achieve financial, operations, customer satisfaction and coworker targets in region. To realize these targets MSMs must balance a strong financial and operational results focus with a strong coworker and customer focus.
Key Areas of Responsibility
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with customers - building relationships with customer from IT Managers up to "C" level executives. Lead, collaborate and participate with Sales and Solutions team(s) on customer sales calls, services estimates and sales / customer strategies with "C" suite level.
- Accelerate the professional and technical development of coworkers through coaching and training ensuring focus on achieving high customer satisfaction.
- Manage a team of direct or indirect reports to provide the right mix of skills and facility capacity to meet customer demand while balancing Managed Services utilization and profitability
- Build and maintain strong relationships with key partner representatives (Cisco, Microsoft, etc.) to ensure CDW is top of mind. Expand these relationships to CDW account managers, regional managers, architects and engineers.
- Lead and manage designated Managed Services team to achieve finance, operations, customer and coworker targets
- Educate sales teams and customers about CDW Managed Services offerings and capabilities.
- Own and manage customer satisfaction / loyalty with your customers in the assigned geography. Proactively resolve issues, as necessary
- Conduct face-to-face customer loyalty meetings for top Managed Services customers.
- Establish and cultivate solid working relationship with all internal customers - AT Services Managers, Solutions Teams, Recruiters, Branch Managers, Account Executives and Senior Leadership Team
- Validate and approve services estimates / statements of work for Managed Services engagements
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of Managed Services of all solutions across Practice(s) and geographies.
- Provide overall engagement management and oversight for customer engagements
- Manage the team to have the right set of technical skills, in the immediate and long-term, which are focused on the Manged Services catalog and emerging technologies
- Ensure your team fully understands their roles, and possesses the right set of professional consulting, operations, and sales skills
- Create individual customer service, technical, and professional development plans with each team member as appropriate
- Provide complete, accurate, ongoing communication with your team
- Deliver substantive performance feedback and coaching to your team
- Attract, recruit and retain the "best and brightest" Managed Services Coworkers
- Perform teambuilding and foster an appealing work environment based on trust, respect and competence
- Monitor and resolve coworker satisfaction / loyalty issues
- Ensure that best practices are incorporated in the delivery of all solutions
- Share Best Practices across Managed Services Regions and Practices
Measurements and Targets:
- Lead and implement Managed Services' vision, goals and strategies
- Create and instill a culture of increasing minimum contract rates and decreasing costs of operations and support
- Manage and monitor General & Administrative expenses
- Ensure that monthly sales forecasts operations metrics are complete, accurate and timely
- Collaborate with Managed Services co-workers on internal and external training, internal projects, Coworker bonuses and merit and salary increases
- Ensure that time and invoice approval is performed in a complete, accurate and timely manner
- Establish and cultivate a solid working relationship with vendor partners - Vendor Partner Engineer Managers / Vendor Partner Services Managers / Vendor Partner Account Teams
- Understand and align with Solutions team to ensure overall sales strategy is implemented through Services teams
- Participate in the Managed Services development lifecycle via skills readiness planning for advanced technologies, including resource selection, early engagement and training/mentoring
- Serve as the Managed Services interface to key vendor partners in region, evangelizing CDW's capabilities and addressing perceived gaps
- Drive the feedback process from delivery to pre-sales, ensuring that pre-sales tactics accurately reflect delivery's experiences
- Participate in the recruitment and selection of other coworkers
- Contribute to Managed Services team meetings and Managed Services best practices
- Gross Profit
- Gross Margin
- Gross Profit / Coworker
- Company Operating Margin
- Customer Loyalty (measured by renewal rate)
- Coworker Loyalty
- Coworker Retention
Other Required Qualifications:
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Management or a related field or equivalent experience
- Seven plus years of related consulting or IT services delivery experience
- Previous consulting management experience required
- Ability to lead teams; gain consensus
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Ability to identify and creatively resolve client, project and people issues
- Proven negotiation skills
- Knowledge of IBM, Cisco, Microsoft, HP, and EMC products and services
- Experience working with branch vendors and business partners
- Ability to lead and manage to ensure attainment of critical results
- Ability to act as a trusted advisor in a strategic partnership
- Demonstrated ability to meet business unit sales objectives
- Ability to travel a minimum of 30%
- 2 - 5 years experience with Profit and Loss responsibility
- Strong project and risk management skills
- Strong IT background in Advanced Technologies
- Strong presentation skills
People who get IT, shop for it at CDW. The company offers about 100,000 information technology products, including notebook and desktop...