Job Responsibilities include, but are not limited to the following:
· Troubleshoot complex networking issues as well as tuning kernel parameters.
· Manage large numbers of servers through automation.
· Configure web2.0 software such as mysql, apache, lighttpd, haproxy, Nginx, Rails, PHP, Django/Python, squid, memcached, etc.
· Demonstrate excellent customer service skills through all levels of communication.
· Contribute to the knowledgebase, Wookiee and other RightScale resources to help build the best customer experience.
· Work closely with the team to ensure that all company and personal goals are met or exceeded.
The ideal candidate has a Technical Background and Experience that includes:
· Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
· Experienced in Linux system administration
· Programming experience, knowledge of Perl and/or Ruby a plus
· Quick learner, self-starter, willing to work in new areas
· Strong communication and collaboration skills used in a multi-disciplinary environment
All candidates are expected to possess the following skill set:
· Self-starting learner who thrives under pressure and enjoys success
· Excellent communication skills and strong organizational skills
· Dedication to individual development, challenging teamwork, and new technology
· Flexibility in a dynamically growing/evolving company
RightScale is a great place to work and we are looking for only the best.