Seeking a motivated, detail-orientated, team player to provide support to the front desk, adoptions and animal care operations. The successful candidate will assist the public with a wide-range of animal-related visits and calls about DC animal-related laws and shelter policies and programs. Responsibilities entail providing outstanding customer service, maintaining accurate animal records, and maintaining a safe and sanitary environment for animals and people.
Customer Care Associates counsel customers about alternatives to relinquishing their pets at shelters, provide or direct customers to support when having challenges with their pets, assist the public with locating their lots pets, return lost pets to their owners, and receive and process animals relinquished at the shelter. WHS offers a competitive salary and excellent benefit package. Successful completion of training program and general knowledge exam required.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced environment;
- Ability to find creative solutions to challenges;
- A team-oriented approach to work, with an ability to bring out the best in peers;
- Experience handling domestic and wild animals preferred;
- Passion for the Washington Humane Society’s mission.
Washington Humane Society - 2 years ago